Can I show more product information on Category List Page?

Guest actsofgood

Guest actsofgood

I've tried to find a solution to this problem for a little bit and haven't really even seen a mention of it. Maybe it's too big a hassle.

I was wondering if it is possible to extend the view category page to show more information. So it's not only the name and price of each product in the category, but their options, etc... I'd like customers to not have to drill down to a specific product page to choose options and add the item to the cart. Is it possible to get the info from the view product page onto the view category page. I have modified the template system and the php files for other things and have a pretty good grasp. I'm comfortable with a lot of php but going into these files to do what i want to do without a little help seems too much.

I hope I explained my problem clearly enough. It seems doable, I just don't know where to look. If anyone has heard of a mod or a solution, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

J

I'm not aware of any existing mods for this. I have seen a coup[le of other carts that put some options in the view category product lists, but I haven't done it yet with CubeCart.

I would encourage you to try it. Just keep backups of the original files in case of failure.

More than likely, viewCat.inc.php and viewCat.tpl are the only two files you will have to code in to obtain these results . . . unless you have need of going in to the js files and admin files dealing with options, depends a bit on just how you want the options to look and work there.

Start by comparing viewCat.inc.php with the code in viewProd.inc.php.

Good luck.