Print Order Form problem

Guest tonjal

Searched and thought I found the answer, but the file it said to change (config.inc.php) is not where it said it would be \modules\gateway\Print_Order_Form\

I have spent hours trying to search files for the phrase "Company Name Ltd." that shows up as the "payable to" in the printed invoice. I want to replace with it my own business name.

Welcome to the forum,

That text *should* be being pulled from the info you enter into Admin/General Settings - Store/Company name...

I am taking a great risk here of hurting Webicon's feelings - and that is not my intention. Please accpet my apologies and disclaimer in advance. But this is a perfect opportunity to address an issue that bugs me in support forums of all kinds of products.

I am a newbie in many things. I use support forums a lot. Too often I get answers from well-intentioned and knowledgeable people who have valuable information but are unable to see the issue through the eyes of the person who asks.

There are two ways to offer help for a problem.

One is to state the conclusion or results on the assumption that the person with the problem knows how to acheive those results once they are stated.

The other is to give the steps to the solution in a systematic, consistent and foolproof format.

The first method often leads to followup questions while the questioner tries to apply the results. The second method solves the problem for anyone who sees the response, even those with limited knowledge.

In this case, the second method would be:

Go to yourwebsite.xxx/admin > login > Navigation > General Settings > Store / Company Name > replace th default with your store or business name > scroll down and click on Update Settings.

Note: While you are that page, take note that you also can change Browser Title and Email Name.

So, please - to all - not just Webicon - whom I respect and whose wilingness to share I sincerely appreciate - when offering support that calls for a "how to" response - please provide the "how to", not the "where it is" or "how it should look."

Again, my apologies if offense is taken; none is intended.

Not entirely sure what it is your after as ive just checked my print order form and it doesnt have this ???

But if you want to change it and not upset anything else on your site you could just hard code it ( with it being your store name it is never going to change anyway).

Just open:

\modules\gateway\Print_Order_Form\

& replace the {whatever your choice}

for examlple:

<td align="left" valign="top" class="copyText">

<strong>{LANG_INVOICE_TO}</strong>

<div style="padding: 10px;">

{VAL_INVOICE_NAME}<br/> {VAL_INVOICE_ADD1}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_ADD2}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_TOWN}, {VAL_INVOICE_STATE}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_POSTCODE}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_COUNTRY}</div>

</td>

to:

<td align="left" valign="top" class="copyText">

<strong>{LANG_INVOICE_TO}</strong>

<div style="padding: 10px;">

Hard coded text to show on form<br/> {VAL_INVOICE_ADD1}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_ADD2}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_TOWN}, {VAL_INVOICE_STATE}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_POSTCODE}<br/>

{VAL_INVOICE_COUNTRY}</div>

</td>

Like I stated earlier as I dont know what exactly it is you want to change this is only a guide, you will have to find the right peice of code yourself.

Even though I think the method of editing the General Settings is a simpler way of editing the store name, this second response is a good example of the kind of step by step method of presenting advice that I wish I would find more often when I ask for help.

There is an incident behind my querulous comment.

I am trying to install a high end and powerful wireless card in my laptop. The installation has hit a very specific sticking point. The responses I'm getting the various forums do not tell me how to solve the problem. They just tell me that such and such a setting should include such and such. That is totally useless information to anyone other than an expert who does not have the problem anyway.