Not receiving any emails- Cant login to admin

Guest fourposterbedman

Guest fourposterbedman

HI,

I have had problems with emails from the off (have contacted my host and they don't think it's them), and now I have made a stupid mistake. I thought I would see if I could receive emails, you know admin to admin, rather than admin to fake customer. I requested a new password and it hasn't turned up-any ideas on what I can do, as now I cannot log in to my admin account. Is there a file from the store I can upload using Dreamweaver, to override what I've done online (backed everything up bout an hour ago, but presume password held in database- still have access to this)??

Hope someone can help, and poss. give a clue as to what I can do to fix email prob.

I bought Estelle's mod for email confirmation today, but it wasn't working before this...so now I'm stuck.

Thanks,Daisy

Guest fourposterbedman

FTP your store and look in admin/includes/global.inc.php you will see your admin password

Now I must really have a problem- I don't have that file. The only file I do have of that name is in relation to my database not the admin section of the cart. In the database I can see CubeCart_admin_users, etc. but of course I cannot 'translate' the line of numbers and letters (in the password field) to know what my 'new' password is.

I am being incredibly dull, or am I in trouble? Without getting into the admin section of the cart I'm stuck.

It's my first week, well four days, into this php stuff and I'm still learning.

Thanks, Daisy

Guest fourposterbedman

FTP your store and look in admin/includes/global.inc.php you will see your admin password

Now I must really have a problem- I don't have that file. The only file I do have of that name is in relation to my database not the admin section of the cart. In the database I can see CubeCart_admin_users, etc. but of course I cannot 'translate' the line of numbers and letters (in the password field) to know what my 'new' password is.

I am being incredibly dull, or am I in trouble? Without getting into the admin section of the cart I'm stuck.

Thanks, Daisy

I really should read the common questions...I will try the echo password thingy fingers crossed

Guest fourposterbedman

Thanks, Daisy

Worked a treat..now I'm relaxed again...sorting emails here we come...

Guest fourposterbedman

Sorry that was my fault its in root/ includes/ global.inc.php

Oh it's okay- I did a search for that file name and found it.

Thanks for your quick response. And at least I know a quick fix if I ever get 'stupid' again. I can only get emails to work in mail(), but still not in SMTP...

Daisy