Is it just me?

Guest twisted

I'm starting to feel like ... "If you've seen one cubecart store, you've seen 'em all.

Why do some people feel that if they put their logo in the header, and change the table header colors, they have a unique site.

This forum is called "Show Off". To me, and this is just my own personal view on it, you're not "showing it off" if all you are doing is asking us to look at another cubecart store.

I would have thought that a forum called "Show Off" would tend more to be a place where people can showcase the fantastic job they have done individualizing their websites.

I know, people want feedback, ideas, suggestions...how about getting the suggestions before showing off their site. Then give us something to give you feeedback on....not just another still-basically-a-default-cubecart-blue store.

If you just want people to see what you have done 'so far', throw a link in general discussion and let people go look.

Save "Show Off" for the showcase sites.

I'm not knocking the work people put into their sites. I've installed plenty of cubecarts, I know how easy it is to 'throw up a web store'. Most of the work comes in getting all your products listed. But with just a little extra effort, you can "individualize" the store by spending a little bit of time on the graphics. If you are going to put a lot of work into your store, then why not take that little extra time to tweak the graphics.

If you are happy with a basically default cubecart store, that's fine, but then leave it out of "Show Off"

Just my 2 cents worth...

Understand not everyone is as creative as yourself. So some either can't or don't know how. If you notice in the support section people are always asking how to customize graphics and layout of their store.

Your right about changing just these few items i.e. search button location or table colors. They really don't do that much to seperate your store from other cubecart stores.

Personally i've offered to pay another forum member to redo look of my site but ended up doing it myself. It's not the most unique or even the greatest site but it's within the means of what I can do.

Most people who've changed the look of there site rarely if ever see more than two or three cubecart stores. If they did then i'm sure they'd do more to change the look.

Another thing to remember is time. Time is a factor as to why some have turned to cubecart. If your a busy individual who just wants to get your store up and running with minimal work then changing the look may not be at the top of your list of things to do.

So the main reasons I see for most sites looking like they do are, time, inexperience of store owner and lack of exposure to other sites which might you prompt users to add there own uniqueness.

I do understand that, and like I said, I am not knocking the effort anyone puts into their store.

I just, personally, feel that, in a forum titled "Show Off", it should at least be something worthy of showing off.

So basically....you're saying it's just me, then?

:(

:(

If a person does something they fell proud of then they have a tendacy to want to show it off, whether you or I may think it's worth showing is a matter of personal opinion.

As this threads based on personal opinion though I have to agree, with you.

Off topic:I Personally I like the look of my site and feel it's diffirent than others. But that's mainly to do with custom mods i've done.