User registration

Guest gwizard

Any reason why when I try to register a regular user (front end) and I have all fields filled and all check boxes signed I get "Please make sure all required fields are completed." ????

I think I had this same problem when I was beta testing, but I forgot to report it.

Seems to happen when you select a country that doesn't have any states that drop down? It allowed me to register when I selected America as my country & chose a state from the dropdown, but not when I selected Australia and typed in the state.

Updated to 4.0.1

In Personal Information update form "County/State:" field is marked as not required, but system keeps asking to fill it in??

In registration form the same fiel is already marked as required...

I personally would like to see it as not required...

• 3 months later...

Edit includes/content/reg.inc.php and remove county from the long if line at the beginning of the file.

Problem seems to be back in the latest version (RC2).... I must have bad luck with this shopping cart, problem after problem

EDIT: It seems to be related to a skin that I used, so I guess something changed when I upgraded to RC2. Anyone know the difference in coding from RC2 and the non-RC versions in the reg code?

• 2 months later...
Guest Bunster147

TRied to look at the bug report but page not found.

I am having the same problem with v4.2.0

Has a bug been raised for this or can I edit any files to get around the problem.

Message being received is "Please make sure all required fields are completed." even when I supply all of the fields.

Guest Firen

Same problem here. I posted in a separate post about it. We have customers that try to register in the store, and get the same message that's posted by the OP. They swear that they have filled everything out correctly, but they still get a message that all of the correct fields have not been filled out.

This doesn't happen with everyone fortunately, but it's still a pain to have to deal with irate customers. I have enough to do without having to add customers manually via the backend.....

• 4 months later...
Guest tttttttt

I've got the same problem, but it only happens with certain skins - the skin I know I have this problem with is called MSN. The cart works fine with other skins. I wish I knew what code to change.