Known Issues

Al Brookbanks

• 1 year later...

• 2 years later...
Guest Trishtrisha

I have been directed to this forum after contacting CubeCart sales. I have been reading through the forums and found that the problem I have is a known issue number 0001911 in the above list. As I am neither a web designer nor have technical knowledge, I may now have to close down my website as I am receiving no replies to my emails from the webdesigner who put the website together. I have also learnt that my site was built on a "free" version of CubeCart. Would it be a fairly easy task to have my website remodelled using a newer version of CubeCart instead of getting someone to sort out the free version? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to find help from a reliable source.

Trishtrisha

I have been directed to this forum after contacting CubeCart sales. I have been reading through the forums and found that the problem I have is a known issue number 0001911 in the above list. As I am neither a web designer nor have technical knowledge, I may now have to close down my website as I am receiving no replies to my emails from the webdesigner who put the website together. I have also learnt that my site was built on a "free" version of CubeCart. Would it be a fairly easy task to have my website remodelled using a newer version of CubeCart instead of getting someone to sort out the free version? If so, can someone point me in the right direction to find help from a reliable source.

Trishtrisha

This issue is for the beta version of CubeCart 5, beta meaning its not intended for commercial use until its past the Beta stage. If you are not using CC5, you might be using CC 3 - (which is free to use) or you might be using CC4 (which can be downloaded and installed on a trial for 30 days, and then is a paid-for solution.) Which version are you using?

In Cubecart 4 on your 'edit product' page, you can set whether the product is displayed on the home page 'featured products' list. I imagine the same functionality is in CC5. But again, as CC5 is beta, you really should not be using it in a commercial environment.

If you are using CC5, then you really should think about moving to the paid-for CC4, as this is the stable release. You will have to pay for the product, but then you will have to do that with CC5 when it comes out of Beta. You could use CC3 but you might it a bit more limited than what you want to do.

Depending on how good the templates are that your AWOL web designer has created / used - the templates *should* be good to be moved to a different version of Cubecart.

The important things are, do you have access to the Cubecart admin page? Do you have access to the web server (usernames and passwords)? do you have access to your domain name control panel? If you can answer yes to those questions (and dont post them here!), then if your web designer has absconded you could probably hire someone to remodel your website around the best version of Cubecart for your needs.

if however, you are missing these details - then you really need to get hold of that designer and get this info from him, or find a way of getting the info from your host / domain name provider.

Hope this helps,

Dan.