Mals ecommerce

Just looking around in v4 and my biggest problem so far is that there is no Mals ecommerce gateway included for it? That's how I collect credit card data so without it, 4 is unusable to me.

I saw the manual credit card thing, but it requires ssl and I am clueless about that and really don't want to full with it.

Will Mals be added soon?

Okay so my hosting account includes something called "Self-Signed SSL" - is that what I need for using SSL on CC4?

After seeing so many people not being able to access their v3 stores after SSL, I never tried to figure it out, so really have no clue on it. I have unlimited subdomains and mysql databases on my account and my 12 stores (plus other sites) run from subdomains off my main. So don't know if that makes a difference or what :)

Guest Brivtech

Mysty, you will need a wildcard SSL certificate to cover all the subdomains. A normal SSL certificate only covers a specific domain, and a subdomain is classed as a new domain.

If you encounter any errors with SSL running with subdomains, post it up here, I've had to do my fair share of tweaking in the past to get things working, although I must say that in later releases of CC3, that tweaking was no longer required, seemed to work properly with the default settings. I've found the same with CC4.

If you do something that stops it working, don't panic, with CC4, it's really easy to fix - You can now log into the Admin Control Panel using secure or non-secure modes, so if secure is messed up, login as unsecure, and then you can change the SSL settings to disable or fix them.

Guest Brivtech

What about the manual credit card capture built in? :)

You dark horse! It's awesome! I honestly never thought you'd actually end up doing it given the concerns you have over security with this in the past! Well done yet again, and I'm sure this is going to be a brilliant bonus for everyone!

Guest Brivtech

Lori, SSL is very easy to set up. If you have a wildcard SSL certificate, it will cover all the subdomains. Then in each store, you simply need:

HTTPS Root Relative Path: /

HTTPS Absolute URL: https://subdomain.domain.com

SSL with subdomains was once a real bugbear for me, a major issue when I first started using CubeCart almost 2 years ago, but it's a lot more straightforward now.

I'm using 256-bit encryption on my servers as standard (Banking industry standard is still 128-bit), so I also have peace of mind that if Al's happy with providing this new functionality, that and the enhanced encrpytion is pretty much going to be rock solid in terms of security. Not only that, but less complicated for customers. My server logs shows a high customer drop-out rate when customers had gone to Mal's, and I'm assuming this was to do with the additional registration step required. Repeat customers didn't have this problem, which I think pushes the point, as they would not have had to have registered again on Mals.

From what it appears though from doing a quick search on wildcard ssl certificates, it works for things like subdomain.domain.com but each of mine have different domains forwarding to them with the subdomain actually hidden - for example mysticconvergence.com goes to mysticconvergence.majesticdragonfly.com, gothicplus.com goes to gothicplus.majesticdragonfly.com but what it really goes to is hidden. And I do not want majesticdragonfly.com to be seen on all domains.

So from what I see, a wildcard ssl certificate (which is also well out of my price range at like $200-500!) won't work since I don't use the subdomain name?

So back to my original question - is a Mals module never going to be created for v4?

Guest Brivtech

That's the trade-off - As soon as SSL is enabled, it would show the path like mysticconvergence.majesticdragonfly.com, switching away from the aliased domain.

The only alternative you have is not to use a subdomain, and therfore have a separate SSL for each domain (and that would mean separate hosting).

I'm a bit worried about manual credit card processing now, having had a call from the bank, I've started a new topic about the concerns here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....mp;#entry138273

They're getting really tough on banking legislation here in the UK, I don't know if something like this will affect you over in the USA?

Sorry but to me, $99 a year isn't cheap. Especially when I have 12 stores. Mortgage and other things have to come first.

I'll just keep using v3 until a Mals mod comes out for v4.

Sorry but to me, $99 a year isn't cheap. Especially when I have 12 stores. Mortgage and other things have to come first.

I'll just keep using v3 until a Mals mod comes out for v4.

You can get a RapidSSL certificate for $15 per year (just not direct from GeoTrust). You'll need a dedicated IP (usually $1 or $2 per month).

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe I just paid for v4 without even checking to confirm that it had Mal's E. I'm like Mysty, I just don't have the time, or the money to mess around with ssl on over 19 sites. Mal's E is free and secure and you can't beat that.

Please, please, please tell me you are going to add this gateway to v4. I will not be able to use it unless it's added and I already forked out the license fee.

I can't believe I just paid for v4 without even checking to confirm that it had Mal's E. I'm like Mysty, I just don't have the time, or the money to mess around with ssl on over 19 sites. Mal's E is free and secure and you can't beat that.

Please, please, please tell me you are going to add this gateway to v4. I will not be able to use it unless it's added and I already forked out the license fee.

If you have 19 sites on a single server, you could buy a Wildcard SSL cert.

Guest Chuchen

+1 :dizzy:

• 9 months later...
Guest TraceyB

Is there any news on whether Mals E can be used with Version 4? I too would love to continue using Mals as I've been using them for over 6 years now trouble free....

thanks

• 8 months later...

I'm looking into paying someone to code the mals plugin for V4. i'd ike to guage the interest. How many people are interested, and what price would be fair for you?

• 2 weeks later...