Upgrade to 4.0.1

Guest martino

Hi,

I have just tried to upgrade my test store from version 4.0 to version 4.0.1 but not sure if it is correct or not.

When I ran setup again a message showed at the end that stated that the store was already version 4 and there was no need to run set-up again.

Also in Admin it is showing as version 4.0.0 with no updates available.

Have tried this twice with the same result.

So has it upgraded or not???

Cheers

Martin

Guest Derek Cook

I'm also having the same problem upgrading v4.0.0 to v4.0.1

Me Too... I'm on a Windows/Apache Dev (localhost).... R U ??

Is it it another windows issue I wonder!!

... and can't even get into ADMIN now - getting a little frustrated here !!!

I so want this TRIAL to work before I part with my (and clients) hard earned dollars !!! That's why I'm trying it on local first...

Can I run it on my shared server with the same key under the trial I wonder ?? As that would be a better test of compatibility?

Guest Brivtech

I have a request:

Please can the changelog also include the actual files that have been changed. It will save me hours of workeach time when re-editing mods to see if they are affected by version updates or not.

I just downloaded 4.0.1, decompressed it, uploaded to the server, and ran /setup/upgrade.php to be told this:

CubeCart Setup v4.0.0 Your store has already been upgraded to version 4.0.0. There is no need to go through the upgrade process again.

I also note that in the admin conrol panel, I still see 4.0.0 as the current version, and even before I uploaded the 4.0.1 files, the ACP was saying "No Updates Available"

I have a request:

Please can the changelog also include the actual files that have been changed. It will save me hours of workeach time when re-editing mods to see if they are affected by version updates or not.

Same here.... :)

I believe we may have an SVN issue.

We will get it out with the 4.0.0 - 4.0.1 version number corrected a little later. Don't worry though as.

1. The Upgrade Script will only add "Greater London" to your list of UK counties.

2. Add a version history number to the database.

So basically what you have uploaded is fine. You don't strictly need to run the upgrade script to upgrade. However we'll get it out asap.

*EDIT* It turned out that my release export script was out of date. The CubeCart 4.0.1 files have been updated as from 09:21 GMT today.

This will not happen again as we have a new central export location on the office development server.

It's not a subversion issue, well, it is in a way, but not a monumental cock-up in versioning.

We have a Linux shell script that auto exports the latest revision from the repository. last night, after i went home, AL realised he missed something, checked in, and re-exported.

Problem is, since 4.0.0, we've been working from a different branch (called dev-4.0.x), and not from the trunk

Al's local copy of the script is out of date, and exported from the trunk, instead of dev-4.0.x, meaning the release he uploaded was exactly the same as 4.0.0

anyway, I'm in now, and fixed the problem by re-exporting. so, to fix your stores, just download the latest version from your customer control panel