UPS Module Issue w/ server configuration

Hello,

2 Months ago my webhost disallowed the remote file call (or something like that) using the fopen command.

This throws my UPS module into a error loop.

I had this issue in version 3 and fixed it using a curl work around someone created here. I just uploaded the UPS.php that they posted and the problem was fixed.

My question:

Will using the same UPS.php file be sufficient in correcting this problem in v4?

Has anyone created a CURL workaround UPS module for v4?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest dirtyd0g

Please post this as a bug report. It is possible that this could affect some other server configurations.

UPS rates are killing me. The configuration is all wrong and I don't know how to change it. I just shipped a box that the program quoted 21.48 and it cost me 53.28. That looks bad to customers to tell them the shipping on your site is bogus. I called UPS and they said it's cubecarts module, does anyone know how to fix it to be at least close

Alan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Kristina

I'm having the same problem with the UPS rates on cubecart. I still have v 3.17 Does anyone have a fix to this?

Actually, I think I know what the problem may be. Give me a bit to look at the code. It may be the same error as version 3, if so, I'll post a fix here for you.

Guest Kristina

I'm having the same problem with the UPS rates on cubecart. I still have v 3.17 Does anyone have a fix to this?

Actually, I think I know what the problem may be. Give me a bit to look at the code. It may be the same error as version 3, if so, I'll post a fix here for you.

Okay to fix this so you get the proper pricing... go to yourstore/modules/shipping/ups/ups.php and scroll to this section:

"10_action=$upsAction",

"13_product=$this->upsProductCode",

"14_origCountry=$this->originCountryCode",

"15_origPostal=$this->originPostalCode",

"19_destPostal=$this->destPostalCode",

"22_destCountry=$this->destCountryCode",

"23_weight=$this->packageWeight",

"47_rateChart=$this->rateCode",

"48_container=$this->containerCode",

"49_residential=$this->resComCode"

Change the line 
"47_rateChart=$this->rateCode",
 to 
"47_rate_chart=$this->rateCode",

You should be able to get a proper quote... make sure you have the options set in your admin panel for UPS correctly. Check your weight on your test product... UPS goes by pounds only so if you have 1 pound 1 ounce it will be a 2 pound package at UPS. I would use the residential option to make the quote higher if you have a mix of customers. At least then you won't under quote. :angry:

HTH,

Kristina :D

Guest Kristina

meemmur,

If you go to my website Purrfect CraftsI have a free fix for version 3 with a way to add the options into the admin panel that is very similar to what they added in version 4. It's a little more work than the above fix as you need to add some code to get all the options into your ups module in the admin panel in order to get a proper quote. Anyhow, good luck to you... I need to note that I have not tested it with version 3.17. The last version I tested it with was 3.15, but I am assuming that the new admin panel options for UPS were added with version 4. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. It may take me some time to get back to you, but I will eventually. I have a 6 mo old and a 2 1/2 year old and babysit my sisters son who just turned 2, so I get busy and can't always get to the computer every day.

Kristina

• 2 months later...

Hello,

2 Months ago my webhost disallowed the remote file call (or something like that) using the fopen command.

This throws my UPS module into a error loop.

I had this issue in version 3 and fixed it using a curl work around someone created here. I just uploaded the UPS.php that they posted and the problem was fixed.

Thanks

I need to get the curl fix ... the ups.php fix that is mentioned above. Where can we find it please?

Thank you