Fatal Error version 4.0.1

roban

Guest Brivtech

I have Zend host-installed, and it passes the test, yet it doesn't work for me, so I uploaded the ioncube loaders instead, and have no subsequent problems (Because I'm bypassing Zend).

Can't explain why this is. Probably some configuration or declaration that's been overlooked.

This is something that should be clearly marked in the installation instructions :)

Even with 'Auto' selected, a significant number of people have found, myself included, that Binary needs to be selected for uploading the Zend/Ioncube files.

Even though Zend passes the compat test as being installed - it may be an older version of the loader trying to read a newer version encrypted file that is causing the error ' cant read etc...'

Its like flash player 5 would be unable to read a flash 8 movie - you have flash player installed - it's just not new enough...

You could ask your host to install a newer zend or like Brent said - just use ioncube instead... I followed Brents instructions (see pinned post under installation) and went smoothly.