Help: Some Questions :)

Guest ardley

Hello,

I am new to CubeCart and i have a few questions i would like to ask.

firstly, when i view my online shop the top menu bar is not constant, the links are all over the place, have a look click on this link: ahhhh.JPG

secondly, is it possible to a side menu bar on the left hand side, showing all the catagories and sub catagories. and to change the postistions of the modules on the home page and other pages?

home you can answer my questions.

thank you

Hi,

It sounds like you're using the Killer skin.

I can't explain why the links are messed up, without seeing your store URL, the image doesn't really help (other to confirm its not right)

There are other skins built into cubecart (Legend and Classic).

There is a suberb documentation project over at www.cubecartforums.org - this explains how the skins are made up, and how to move the side boxes around.

Due to the template engine CubeCart uses, its pretty straight forward to change boxes and skins - if you know a bit of HTML/CSS.

Jason

thank you for your reply,

i have found that my page is best viewed in 1024x756, all the links at the top become squashed.

and yeah i've found that website and downloaded a skin and it works, there arn't many free skins for the ammount of people who use the program, would havew thought there'd be more :)

and i know abit of Html and PHP stuff not an expert but i know enough to chnage and insert coding.

my url is www.lucky216.com have only just installed the program.

thank you

Guest hardnut33

there are LOADS of free skins about. have you tried googling free cubecart skins?

i have found it better installing a free or bought skin and making your required changes from there.. it saves a lot of work and time...

yeah i got a few skins.. not what i want really.. they're all big kinda like, i want to fit alot onto every page. i havn't found a skin like that...

also i found that i can't edit the pages, they're all .tpl files... never heard of them....

how do i edit the pages?