USPS Shipping Module

Guest jeromas

I would like to have Express Mail, Priority Mail, First Class Mail, and Parcel Post available to the customers on my website. However, even though I enable these shipping methods, only one of them shows up during the checkout process, ie if Express mail is the first one checked, it will show up.

Also, if I use anything other than 'flat-rate envelope' or 'flat-rate box' for priority or express mail, I get an XML parsing error stating the container for that type of shipping is invalid. Does anyone have a guide or some advice to configuring the USPS shipping module properly? Is there an easy way to add a handling fee to the shipping? or do I need to go hack the module again for 4.0?

Thanks as always for the help.

Same problem here...

We're trying to use Priority Mail, and I selected "variable rate" as an experiment... It gives this error:

"USPS Error: Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box."

The only way it works is on a flat rate, but then we don't get the variable rates based on weight and it always gives a flat rate of $8.95!

The test product we're using is 2 lbs, and the shipping cost should increase as we add more items to the cart, but it doesn't.

Any idea how I can get the rates to calculate based on the total weight?

Same problem here...

We're trying to use Priority Mail, and I selected "variable rate" as an experiment... It gives this error:

"USPS Error: Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box."

The only way it works is on a flat rate, but then we don't get the variable rates based on weight and it always gives a flat rate of $8.95!

The test product we're using is 2 lbs, and the shipping cost should increase as we add more items to the cart, but it doesn't.

Any idea how I can get the rates to calculate based on the total weight?

In v3.0, I used the 'By Weight' module, and manually entered in what it would cost for different USPS shipping methods. I think you can get their rate table at www.usps.com.

However, I was assuming v4.0 would do all this correctly. Is there something we are missing?

Here is the blow off I got from CubeCart support...

According the the USPS integration manual they should be allowed. In practice we have found it doesn't and as a result we have removed that setting for the next release.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

What a crock, including a module that doesn't work right!

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated... This major issue is keeping us from opening the brand new store we've just spent so much money on, clients are getting restless!

Here is the blow off I got from CubeCart support...

According the the USPS integration manual they should be allowed. In practice we have found it doesn't and as a result we have removed that setting for the next release.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

What a crock, including a module that doesn't work right!

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated... This major issue is keeping us from opening the brand new store we've just spent so much money on, clients are getting restless!

This module never worked for my v3.0 store either. USPS is a major shipper for many United States shops, and rate calls work fine on numerous other sites I have purchased from. Why wasn't this made a priority? I really don't want to have to hack this myself to fix it...

** I submitted a support ticket, but there is no way to change my email address in the Customer CP?

I got it working on one shop, I can't recall where I got the hack from.

Agreed, this is a MAJOR item for a shopping cart... One would think it would be made a top priority, but they don't seem to get it.

My sense is that they're giving up, due to difficulties in the past.

Guest mrbluemtn

I got it working on one shop, I can't recall where I got the hack from.

Agreed, this is a MAJOR item for a shopping cart... One would think it would be made a top priority, but they don't seem to get it.

My sense is that they're giving up, due to difficulties in the past.

I am having trouble with it also. In addition, there is no method to add handling charges automatically by item or item weight. Therefore, nothing is very automatic about this program whatsoever. I have spent all day learning this blasted program and now discover that it won't properly calculate USPS shipping costs and the UPS costs are incorrect also--way too cheap because they don't include the UPS fuel surcharges to some areas. This is a worthless venture for hundreds of products. Really too bad as it really is a fairly user-friendly program.

Guest DC Domain

This sounds troubling. Looking into a system to replace the unfinished osCommerce site my predecessor left behind. Loving everything about CubeCart so far. In fact the PHP5 initiative sounds great. However the company uses FedEx and I don't see any mention of a FedEx module, and the fact that the existing shipping modules don't seem to work, that is very troubling.

Guest hrblcantra

Definitely troubling, I run multiple stores with 2 different shopping cart softwares. All other carts I have calculate Priority mail w/o a problem.

I need this in order to even attempt to use this software, was ready to buy the 4.0 license and the copyright removal but not w/o a simple issue such as this being fixed.

Guest blueveil

A simple solution would be for Cubecart to have a small mod that will allow you to "paste" in the usps priority mail zone rate chart off of the usps.com website. Located here. http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/123.htm#wp1071591

If it does not show up, just do a search on the site for rate chart.

Then I could use the usps priority mail shipping module for weight, and zone. Which is what I use exclusively on my other cart.

I use the free priority mail tyvek envelopes and boxes supplied by the post office. So this makes the most sense for me.

Just my two cents.

Ed.

• 3 months later...
Guest kusogaki

All this time now and nothing has been done to address this? I hate to say it but that is rather disappointing of a commercial product no matter how relatively inexpensive it is compared to other solutions.

I migrated from a ZenCart installation months ago and despite being at times impossible to use due to learning curve...it at least had that integration built in. Not the slickest interface but it works.

Now I understand that one could simply just do up a custom job with the ship by weight setting and all, but hardly that is the point. The point is that the lot of us who joined the CubeCart Ver 4 bandwagon paid for a product that has a faulty mod...and a very critical one at that for those of us in the States. This should be clearly addressed and a fix should either be made, or the thing should be completely removed to allow for a 3rd party modification.

I really do like cubecart and all, but I have to say that this stumbling block is not helping at all. :(

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Kristina

Okay I posted a hack for the USPS mod so you can use the variable rate method. I put it in a new topic because this question came up in other topics. You can't use it with the flat rate, but it's a free fix.

Also, I posted a fix for the UPS rates in another topic. I can't remember the title of it, but it's a pretty easy fix too.

Kristina

Edit ** here are the links to the other topics

USPS

UPS