Credit Card - Security Code (CSC)

Guest satori

It would be great if the Credit Card module in v4 prompted users for the 3 digit security code (CSC) from the back of their credit card... This is a common thing nowadays, at least here in the USA.

Anyone have a way to add it?

Fingers crossed. :)

It would be great if the Credit Card module in v4 prompted users for the 3 digit security code (CSC) from the back of their credit card... This is a common thing nowadays, at least here in the USA.

Anyone have a way to add it?

Fingers crossed. :)

yes I agree. Same here in the UK

Card number (16 digits usually)

start date

expire date

and CSC number located on the back of a card

Do they have "issue date" and "issue number" on cards in the UK?

I see these prompts in the Credit Card module, but we don't have those here in the USA... It's causing problems in my shop, since customers don't know what to do with this. :)

Guest Brivtech

Storing it is against credit card company guidelines...

...and I quote:

3.2.2 Do not store the card-validation code or value (three-digit or four-digit number printed on

the front or back of a payment card) used to verify card-not-present transactions

I suppose the next thing you'll be asking is "How am I supposed to get the code if I'm not allowed to storeit?" - My guess would be the only way is to phone the customer back as a validation check routine, unless anyone knows any different.

I work in a large retail store and I just checked with our online store and they ask for the same details.

Storing it after a transaction I am sure would be very wrong, but not just to make the transaction surely!

Try going to www.pcwb.com for example and select any product you like go to checkout, make an email for sign up and then you get asked for card details including the CSC number. Wallah.

We need a mod for this as this is the same in most sites I visit and buy from, failing to do this would mean tough competition.

:)

Oooow, I just checked that checkout section!

It even asks if you would like them to store the details? Yes, Yes as default or NO

Are we going to see an update for this soon? We really need this resolved.

I am rather surprised that a UK company has not included this and got it wrong on the program.

Guest Brivtech

I work in a large retail store and I just checked with our online store and they ask for the same details.

Storing it after a transaction I am sure would be very wrong, but not just to make the transaction surely!

To use the manual credit card function, you are proposing capturing the number along with the other credit card details, so that youcan then process it offline. Unfortunately, this does mean you are storing the number, even though it temporary. This is different to processing online through a payment provider, because the number is discarded within an instant as soon as the transaction is authorised/declined - There is no siginicant delay between capturing the details and processing them.

This is a recent change to legislation, not older than a couple of months, and whenever things like this come out, there's always a lag as legislation is often poorly informed.

Try going to www.pcwb.com for example and select any product you like go to checkout, make an email for sign up and then you get asked for card details including the CSC number. Wallah.

We need a mod for this as this is the same in most sites I visit and buy from, failing to do this would mean tough competition.

Oooow, I just checked that checkout section!

It even asks if you would like them to store the details? Yes, Yes as default or NO

Just because other people offer it, it doesn't mean it correct, If your credit card company is on to you, they can indefinetly suspend or withdraw your service because you are breaching their terms and conditions. At the end of the day, it may be more simple to use an online payment provider.

To put it another way - It's been left out deliberately, because having it in clashes with credit card international standards, as well as uk-specific legislation, the purpose of which is to provide better security for online transactions.

Storing it is against credit card company guidelines...

...and I quote:

3.2.2 Do not store the card-validation code or value (three-digit or four-digit number printed on

the front or back of a payment card) used to verify card-not-present transactions

I suppose the next thing you'll be asking is "How am I supposed to get the code if I'm not allowed to storeit?" - My guess would be the only way is to phone the customer back as a validation check routine, unless anyone knows any different.

You don't have the store the CVV number in order to process it. It can get sent directly to the credit card process (like Authorize) and never get stored on the servers.

I've been looking into how to get the CVV code to show up in the authorizenet gateway myself. I've searched and searched, but I haven't found a thread yet with a solution.