Categories and Mailing List Disappeared

Guest Rae

I modified an HTML/CSS template that I had for a friend's store that I'm setting up and everything seems to be working and customized properly except for the fact that the categories and mailing list do not display on every page that uses the cart.tpl file. I've triple checked to ensure that that everything is spelled properly and that it isn't a case of a missing curly bracket or anything, but still no luck. In fact, I copied the entire index.tpl file (which displays everything I need it to) into the cart.tpl file (both from the global folder in my skin's style template's directory, mind you) and just replaced {SHOPPING_CART} with {CART_NAVI} where I needed it, but stil no categories or mailing list. I think I've tried everything I can think of, but since this is my first time using CC I really don't know too much about it.

I am using CC v3.0.17 and a copied and highly modified version of the Classic theme (although I don't know if that really matters, like I said, it's actually an HTML/CSS layout that I use for my theme.)

Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

A link to the store

Hi Rae,

By Default the categories and Mailing list DO NOT appear on these pages (see the cubecart demo to confirm)... I'm Sure someone will be along to tell you how to make them appear - but you are not the cause of them not being there....

I guess the thinking of not having them there (correctly so IMHO) is to not distract the user from purchasing what is already in the cart....

Webicon is right, they do not appear ony any cart.tpl pahe (cart, register, etc).

Does this mean your problem is solved or do you actuall want them there ??

Mailing list maybe (dependant on the sort of store you have), but i would definately not put categories there for the reason Webicon has mentioned.

Oh, well I guess that's good and bad - I was up until 4am this morning trying to figure out what I was doing wrong Lol... But yes, I would like to display them constantly on the site throughout the entire shopping process. As you could see, it's a shop for surgical hats that my friend's mother makes... there's only one product available in two different sizes, so I'm really not trying to distract the customer from their current purchase - or if it's even possible, really Lol. I just like consistency :)

So yes, burgensteen, I would like for them to be displayed on the cart page.

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it.

Look in your root/index.php file and youl see things like:

include("includes/boxes/categories.inc.php");

$body->assign("CATEGORIES",$box_content);

Just copy the ones you require to your root/cart.php file and then add the {whatever} in the appropriate tpl file in you skin folder and it will show !!!

There you go, if youd have asked earlier youd have got more sleep :)

Good luck with the store.

Lol Oh my goodness, I was actually in those files, too, looking for what I needed. Thank you so much!

I probably should've asked sooner, but I wouldn't have gotten any more sleep - My 4 yr old woke up at 8:30pm and didn't go back to bed until 3:30 :)

Thanks again!