SEO on cc4, needs index.php removing

Guest Snelly

Hi folks

I've noticed the SEO function on cc4 doesnt output the URL the same as the third party SEO mod for cc3. The cc4 version seems to keep "index.php" in the URL, where as the cc3 version didn't. Is there a reason for this?

Hi folks

I've noticed the SEO function on cc4 doesnt output the URL the same as the third party SEO mod for cc3. The cc4 version seems to keep "index.php" in the URL, where as the cc3 version didn't. Is there a reason for this?

Thats funny Im running the SEO on my clients Ccv4 site and index.php is NOT in any of the SEF (search Engine Friendly URLs) are you sure you have it enabled in general settings?

it is included in some of the other register/login/checkout/and reviews pages

but those pages are never meant for SEF urls

Kinetic

Look for yourself...

snellyvision(dot)co(dot)uk

Also laugh at the fact nothing can be added to the basket.

cc4 is a bit of a regret for me at the minute. I had cc3 working perfectly!

Snelly -

Re: Add to cart issue - I think that is a cache issue your side - I can add to cart fine on your store. See pinned posts under installation - Cache thing affecting the 'add to basket' seems to be a known issue on upgrade- Clear your cache to fix...

Not Sure about SEO thing - only to echo what Kinetic said - 'It works fine on mine'...

I know thats not very helpful of me - It may be something to do with your globals file is all I can think - do you have your store url as yourstorename/index.php instead of just yourstore/ ??

I'm not a coder so am just guessing on this one. It just seems to me that the seo stuff is added onto whatever the store url would be...

Snelly -

Re: Add to cart issue - I think that is a cache issue your side - I can add to cart fine on your store. See pinned posts under installation - Cache thing affecting the 'add to basket' seems to be a known issue on upgrade- Clear your cache to fix...

Not Sure about SEO thing - only to echo what Kinetic said - 'It works fine on mine'...

I know thats not very helpful of me - It may be something to do with your globals file is all I can think - do you have your store url as yourstorename/index.php instead of just yourstore/ ??

I'm not a coder so am just guessing on this one. It just seems to me that the seo stuff is added onto whatever the store url would be...

Thanks for that, i've cleared my cookies etc and it seems to be working, although I do have someone playing with it at the minute, so they may of fixed it. I still can't buy items from the category list though... give it a try:

http://www.snellyvision.co.uk/store/index....deals/c_21.html

See if you can get the buy buttons to work on any of those???

no I cant add to basket from categories pages (although homepage latest prods works) - I think this may be related to the first SEO issue... Have you tried turning off the SEO mod for a moment to see if it works without - would help to narrow down the search...

EDIT: I DO notice it does this:

http://www.snellyvision.co.uk/index.php/store/index.php/satellite/receivers/c_4.html?_a=viewCat&catId=4

See how it is declaring the index.php twice... again I think maybe the globals file is the key.. Let us know if the person you have looking at it finds a fix.

no I cant add to basket from categories pages (although homepage latest prods works) - I think this may be related to the first SEO issue... Have you tried turning off the SEO mod for a moment to see if it works without - would help to narrow down the search...

Yes I tried that, doesnt seem to help.

what do you have in your globals file?

I * think * your last two line should look like this (take a back up first if changing)

$glob['rootRel'] = '/store/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.snellyvision.co.uk/store';

at least thats the equivelent of how my store is set....

what do you have in your globals file?

I * think * your last two line should look like this (take a back up if changing)

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.snellyvision.co.uk/store';

<?php

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 's*_snellyvision';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '* removed for security';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '* removed for security';

$glob['encoder'] = 'zend';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['license_key'] = '* key removed for security reasons *';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.snellyvision.co.uk/store/';

?>

@Jon

I'm on IE7 and FF2 (both on Vista) and can add to basket from both on moreinfo page but not from category listing....

Confused cos IE7 on XP am now having trouble addding to cart FF is fine!! - but there * shouldnt* be differences between platform should there?!

@snelly - nothing in globals jumps out at me... Have you put in a support ticket to the CC boys?

@Snelly - Can you try something?

- I have 'Jump to cart on add to basket' set on in my admin - which creates a different bit of 'add to basket' code for the categories pages. Could you see if setting this on in your store affects whether you are able to add to basket....maybe a bug?

Sorry am unable to help more on the seo front - really have no idea. Could you paste up a copy of what your htaccess file says - maybe someone more experienced can debug if they have all the info to hand?

@Jon

I'm on IE7 and FF2 (both on Vista) and can add to basket from both on moreinfo page but not from category listing....

Confused cos IE7 on XP am now having trouble addding to cart FF is fine!! - but there * shouldnt* be differences between platform should there?!

@snelly - nothing in globals jumps out at me... Have you put in a support ticket to the CC boys?

I havent submitted a ticket... you can't while your on 14 day trial?? So far the problems im having have left me wondering how it made it through beta testing to final copy!

@Snelly - Can you try something?

- I have 'Jump to cart on add to basket' set on in my admin - which creates a different bit of 'add to basket' code for the categories pages. Could you see if setting this on in your store affects whether you are able to add to basket....maybe a bug?

Sorry am unable to help more on the seo front - really have no idea. Could you paste up a copy of what your htaccess file says - maybe someone more experienced can debug if they have all teh info to hand?

Jump to cart was off, now its on.

Someone wants me to try a different skin, here goes... lol

Changing skin makes no difference. It must be a coding or file issue?

so skins didnt work either eh?

I really think it is going to be something simple like the store/index.php got declared in the wrong place (instead of just being store/) - and everything else is taking its cue from that....

EDIT: I have just looked again and notice you have an extra trailing slash on your last declared value in globals file... mine doesnt have this...

try:

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.snellyvision.co.uk/store'; - without final trailing slash. may make no difference - but worth a try? - This will also mean re-doing the htaccess file accordingly...

so skins didnt work either eh?

I really think it is going to be something simple like the store.index.php got declared in the wrong place - and everything else is taking its cue from that....

How do we fix it then??? lol

Hey, I appreciate everyones help so far. Its really frustrating.

I should have listened to the advice given about cc4... :-(

I would advise trying to install on your root directory and seeing if it still does it as it is looking at present for index.php/store/index.php, i think its something to do with the redirect myself.

Save a copy of the Global.inc.php file on your computer.

Try installing a copy in the root (just write down what folder and files are there already) as you dont want to delete them if you need to uninstall.

Then upload a new copy of CC4 and adjust the db on the global inc and upload to see if it redirects properly on the root.

Thats what i would do, you can always delete it if it doesnt work (JUST BACK UP FIRST).

Jon

Good Idea. At least you will have something to compare to.

I wouldn't give up on CC4 just yet - If you get it working then I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.... But for future releases - take a COPY of your site and get it working BEFORE you decide to go live with it!!

take a COPY of your site and get it working BEFORE you decide to go live with it!!

Did that... as soon as I upgraded the test store, which was a copy of my live store, it screwed everything up. I had no choice then but to upgrade the live version.

I would advise trying to install on your root directory and seeing if it still does it as it is looking at present for index.php/store/index.php, i think its something to do with the redirect myself.

Save a copy of the Global.inc.php file on your computer.

Try installing a copy in the root (just write down what folder and files are there already) as you dont want to delete them if you need to uninstall.

Then upload a new copy of CC4 and adjust the db on the global inc and upload to see if it redirects properly on the root.

Thats what i would do, you can always delete it if it doesnt work (JUST BACK UP FIRST).

Jon

Ok, will do that.... do you want me to just do a fresh install, not upgrade?

Disaster, I somehow overwrote my SQL database, which I can't seem to recover.

Nevermind... now got cc4 installed and working fine with a fresh install. Now got to start from the beginning adding pictures and descriptions for every single item... yawn...