Admin Warning

Guest grahamlyons

Guest grahamlyons

Hi,

CC4 FTW - Good job but..............

I am getting the following error on admin log in page

"WARNING: The main configuration file 'includes/global.inc.php' is writable and your store is at risk. Please change the file permissions so that it is read only."

I am using Core FTP and trying to change the CHMOD on the file includes/global.inc.php I change it to 444 so it is read only but it just seems to revert back instantly, have tried using the Ascii and binary options and no joy

Any advice?

Guest grahamlyons

Check to see if your on a windows server, if so you will probably need to ask your host to make the change for you.

No, Im on linux......dont usually have any probs with CC but this ones got me. When I change in FTP, it even shows me log of change but once i change dir its back

It is currently on the 644 so yeah security wise its better, but would prefer it to be 444, as would CC4 as it still gives the warning on admin page

And, yeah I know its nothing to so with CC but would still like some help to figure out why I cant set a 444....its weird, so im hoping someone knows?