logo is not showing

Guest rusi00

hi,

I am working on koganexpress.com.au

I have recently upgraded to V4.01

When i go into the logo section provided in the user interface and try upload my store logo (saved on my pc as default.gif) it comes up with a blank.

i have also tried to replace the default.gif image on the server (in the skins/Classic/styleImages/logo directory) and this works for changing the "default logo" image in the Admin/Logos section of the control panel but it leaves the website logo blank.

does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Guest rusi00

Check file permissions on /includes/extra. It needs to be 777 or 755 if your server is running php as cgi.

I've ust checked this and it is set to 777

this is very frustrating

does anyone have any other ideas?

im really happy with all the new functionality in V4...I just wish the basic functionality like the logo would work :)

Guest rusi00

Check file permissions on /includes/extra. It needs to be 777 or 755 if your server is running php as cgi.

this is very frustrating

im really happy with all the new functionality in V4...I just wish the basic functionality like the logo would work :)

anyone????? pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase

Guest grahamlyons

this is very frustrating

anyone????? pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase

have you tried 755? works for me

Guest jannette

As i said above, if your server runs php as cgi then it needs to be 755. Check the permissions on the /Languages directory, if its 755 then the others need to be 755 also. You can also check with your host if your server runs php as cgi.

Thanks for that. My permissions were set to 777 - I reset them to 755 and IT WORKS!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this.

I have changed the permissions to 777 or 755 to

image/logo

includes/extra

kitablue/logo/

It shows up on the website, but it won't show up

in the admin console. Its just blank.

It shows up on the site after i manually uploaded the file through ftp

to the kitablue/logo/ folder.

If its showing store side then thats all you need and it sounds like you were just missing the file or it got corrupted if uploading it fixed the problem.

Yes it shows on the store, when a regular user browses the site. but it doesn't show up in the admin console, as the "current logo" , its just blank. Your right, Im pretty happy its showing up on the user end side, but never the less, i thought i would let you guys know of the problem. I tried uploading the file several times, to no avail.

Guest ober0330

I'm having the same problem but different... it shows up in the logo screen just fine but won't change on the store.

HELP? I've changed the permissions above as suggested.

I looked in images/logo and there's an image in there with my style's name and it's the logo I uploaded but there is no extension on it.

What is going on??

Guest ober0330

Wouldn't it be in /skins/SkinName/styleImages/logo/??

Either way, it's not showing up in either.

Another question... does it have to be the exact same size as the default?

• 1 month later...
Guest AndySV1K

Im afraid im another one on the list!

When i try to upload a new image file, the page refreshes but doesnt change the current logo. The default logos for all skins are displaying on the store front end, but in the one im interested in which is the free V4 killer skin, there is no logo at all showing on the front end, yet in the admin it shows the default cc logo.

Ive tried altering permissions but it doesnt seem to change anything.

Thanks

Andy.

Guest AndySV1K

V4 Killer is a third party skin, you'd be better off asking the author :(

Ok no probs, will search over at .org for that.

I suspect the problem is more general though as i cant update my logo under any skin, i have tried to upload an image to every skin and none work.

The default skins do show the logo in the store, but i cant upload my own to replace them.

Andy.

Guest AndySV1K

Update:

I made a small change to the layout css, it appeared to be pointing to a file that didnt exist.

Still cant get any logos to upload, but i have got it working by deleting the default logo and renaming the new logo.

I still think i have a problem, but the logo is showing, thats all im really concerned with.

Thanks for your help with this Steve, much appreciated.

Andy.

• 3 years later...
Guest New Generation Services

I know that this is an old post but i just wanted to add that i was having issues much the same as everyone else. I was able to FTP the defult.gif changed logo file over the the server but the logo did not change on the actual website, although the logo displayed in the admin consol.

If you copy a skin and rename the folder you must make sure you make changes to the layout.css as AndySV1K mentioned.

e.g. MySkin\styleSheets\layout.css

Open up layout.css and change the text where it says something like:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 46px;

padding-right: 0px;

padding-top: 68px;

width: 95%;

margin: 0px auto;

/* SKIN VARIABLE IS cAsE SeNsItIvE */

background-image: url(../../../images/getLogo.php?skin=KitaBlue);

background-repeat: no-repeat;