HSBC on version 4

lainyrache

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Keenan Harward

Anyone else having problems downloading this file? When I do it shows it is downloaded - but when I open the zip it says it is corrupted. I have tried this from two different computers and tried IE and FireFox with the same outcome. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidbirchall

Has anyone had any luck with HSBC in Australia? I cant contact anyone here at the branch who even knows what a payment gateway is? (can you beleive that!?)

Do they do this in OZ? what are the fees like? Also, if anyone can recommend anything better, I am open to it?

Guest Brivtech

I prefer CPI

Please submit this as a feature request in the bug tracker, so the developers will give it attention.

Anyone else having problems downloading this file?

I just tried it, worked fine for me.

Has anyone had any luck with HSBC in Australia? I cant contact anyone here at the branch who even knows what a payment gateway is? (can you beleive that!?)

Do they do this in OZ? what are the fees like? Also, if anyone can recommend anything better, I am open to it?

Usually, card payments are dealt with in a completely separate department to your normal banking. You should ask your local business banking manager for the information, or for a head office contact who could help further.

I'll be interested to know if it works for Australia. As far as I know it's for UK use, but I'm hoping I'll be corrected over that, especially as HSBC is international, and I have interests in Mexico, and have yet to find a payment gateway that deals with $Pesos. I know Australia is a world apart, but the principals here may be encouraging. At the moment, the best I've come up with is Protx, which then works through HSBC, but Protx only works with UK-based bank branches as far as I've seen so far.

• 3 weeks later...

My experiences using the HSBC Module on CC 4.x.x

Started by having the HSBC module as standard. Got loads of addresses not checking out because people were only using the delivery address.

So I then thought ah turn the AVS check on to reject the details if the address is wrong. I always do a full AVS check on cards to prevent fraud. So turned it on so that it would reject payments if the AVS check didn't match. With a standard message coming up on the sitesaying something similar to "please try again" I found I ended up with loads of payments for customers on HSBC that had been authorised but were waiting for fraud reasons then sometimes got one genuine one too, customer would call saying why have you taken multiple payments turned it back off after a few days.

So to solve the address problem changed the text on the customer registration page to say they must enter their card statement address Otherwise the order will be cancelled. Also they can enter an alternate delivery address later. Also on final payment page saying if their address showing isn't their statement address do not proceed and go back and change it.

Addresses now very rarely don't match, on occasion they might not but send a "No Payment" which includes saying their order has failed and so please call with correct details or place new order with correct details.

Another problem area is if a customer has a card that they are messing up entry for slightly or is declined for some reason the site's standard error message just tells them to try again. I have now changed this to their order is successful but they may be contacted after payment has gone thru security checks. As a few customers just left after their card that worked fine on another site wouldn't work on ours. Better to eventually process manually rather than lose the order.

I seem to be getting a lot of orders from Maestro card payers at the moment which seem to get declined I can't tell if this is a CC HSBC gateway problem or just idiots not entering the details properly. I've guessed that it may be unclear on the card payment entry page that they should put in the Issue Number or Start Date. I have changed the text on the page to make it more clear today so I'm hoping to have less orders with no payment which I have to chase for payment.

I haven't investigated fully but did receive information from HSBC about the Mastercard Parrword system they now use for online purchases. The CC HSBC mod doesn't ask for this password is it needed to authorise Mastercard Transactions via websites as there is no need for the password when I process orders manually.

If any one has feedback to the above or better solutions I would appreciate your input.

Richard