Is there support

Guest barrysmith

Guest barrysmith

Hi

I have tried and tried for almost 5 days to get some sort of support, bow i am pretty patient and understanding about these things, howver if you are serious about offering a 14 day trial, well offer the supprt so that we can get the store up and running.

I suppose the best thing for me to do at this stage is remove my trial and keep hitting the net for other software packages.

many thanks, I tried to use your product but you have refused to help me, even an email to your sales department never brought back results..

Well, it sounds like something went wrong during install. I can see Brivtech gave you some advice, which appeared to fix one problem.

You've not really provided any more info for anyone to help.

You'll find most people here are pretty helpful, but you need to provide more info.

You will get the same response in most other forums - if people know the answer, you'll get a reply.

I'm not sure if you can get pre-sales support on V4 - a fixed length trial is ok, but 14 days isn't much time if you have problems and are at the mercy of forums for support.

Jason

Guest barrysmith

Hi

Thanks for your response, trust me i understand how forums work, i am a member on another ecomm software forum where i have posted over 2000 posts, i know support and i help other users of this other product. What i am doing now is trying to find another software solution that i can use if the other product lacks in certain functions that my clients may require.

I am a web designer and to date have designed and integrated over 30 Online Stores using licensed ecommerce software, all i want is some sort of help so i can really test this product. These errors are new to me as i have always used asp/access and have not really delved into php/mySQL.

1.http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=30314

Post 3, do you not think that is enough info, the post has been read 85 times and one reply from a moderator.

2.I have emailed sales and had no response.

3.I have emailed the moderator and had no response.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Barry

Barry,

I've replied in the thread you started. I've asked a few questions, based on what information you've provided.

My point about providing more info wasn't a dig, and didn't require a 5 line statement to back-up your experience.

Jason

Guest Brivtech

trust me i understand how forums work,

But you don't understand how this one works, because ...

1.http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=30314

Post 3, do you not think that is enough info, the post has been read 85 times and one reply from a moderator.

Because a post is read many times doesn't mean that those reading it may have the necessary experience or knowledge to suitably answer your question. People here are not out to wind you up over how many times they read your post without responding. If you look at practically all the other posts, you will see that they have page views many times more than responses. This forum just works that way, others I moderate work differently, there's no rule for how this works on forums - Everyone is different.

Also on this point, your topic started out entitled mySQL version, to which the subject matched the problem. When this was resolved, you posted a new and different problem into the same topic. While I appreciate that it was still about mySQL, it was no longer a version issue, but more of a configuration issue, as well as a license key error. These should have been separately posted as new topics (The license key error may have been resolved by looking in the "Software License Key Errors" pinned post). This may have actually have helped anyone browsing through the topics on the forum (Without reading the content individually) to spark the relevant curiosity to whether they were interested in tackling the problem or not, and skipping over to the next problem. As someone who has so many posts at another forum, you should be only too aware of posting relevant comments within topics. Unfortunately, as I had not seen this, there was no opportunity for me to split the topic, my reasons explained further on.

2.I have emailed sales and had no response.

There is a support ticket system for sales, to which they respond very quickly. They don't work on weekends, or out of hours normally, although it has been known. If you have used the support ticket system, and they haven't responded (after how many days by the way?) then they need a polite kick up the arse, although do bear in mind that they are very busy, and do try their utmost to answer all problems very well. As Jason has mentioned, it's probably that ticket support does not extend to pre-sales issues; I do know that they don't respond to support questions via PM (Al clearly states this in his profile, I guess he'd be innundated with requests otherwise), and I can only assume this extends to emails as well. That could be clearer, but is a matter for Devellion to take note of and resolve.

There is also the bug tracker system, where you are able to post up bug reports. If no-one is able to assist you via the forums, the normal procedure is to post it as a bug report, where it is thoroughly addressed by the development team.

3.I have emailed the moderator and had no response.

It was me you emailled. I have only just received the message, which was sent at 1:05AM this morning, when I was blissfully asleep (Actually, I was having nightmares about Spanish class!). This morning, because of a fault on my phone line, and disconnection while it was being resolved, I was unable to access email. Subsequently, this afternoon (after a hectic week) I had to drop everything, and finish my Spanish homework, before I left home to go to my Spanish GCSE evening class (Which happens to be 3 hours long). Further to that, I had to drop a friend home, who lived about 30 mins drive away, drive all the way back, then called into the kebab shop on the way home, where I am now eating my supper and answering this post at 11:07PM, having now checked email for the first time today.

EDIT: Now that I have checked your email, I read this in the first line:

I am not sure if you are one of the official support team, if not please ignore...

I'm not, so, as it was apparently okay to ignore the email irrespective of my problems today, I therefore especially do not appreciate being moaned at over it! While I can sympathise with your problem here, I don't appreciate being a target of your frustration.

I wish to point out once again that being a moderator here is not paid, and I do so at my own time/expense. I am under no obligation to answer emails, messages, or posts, although I do try my very best to do so, and assure you that your email would have been answered at the earliest opportunity, which would have been either this evening, or when I can grab a moment tomorrow morning. While I appreciate that your original problem was posted 5 days ago, I did not receive your email 5 days ago, I also did take the courtesy of responding to your original post, which was the limit of my available knowledge regarding this matter.

I'm sorry your experience with support hasn't been to your expectations. Hopefully we can sort your problems out via the forums, whether you continue with CubeCart or go for something else is entirely your choice, and to stay objective, I will not try to influence you either way - It's like marmite, works for you, or doesn't.

I'm also sorry for my long post, but this one just really sparked me off after a long difficult day.

Guest Brivtech

It was Chilli sauce, and it was very very hot! Hotter than regular kebab shop chilli sauce! ... and they put loads of it on as well! It's great stuff! Toilet rolls in the freezer for this one I'm afraid though! :P

There's a saying in Mexico - If the Chilli is very hot, the cook is angry!

I assure you that my kebab had nothing to do with this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7025782.stm

Steve, my other local kebab shop (I live in a high street, so have a fantastic choice immediately on my doorstep) does an Iskender Kebab, which is indeed chilli sauce and yogurt, plus a mix of doner, shish, chicken and kofte meats! I can only say this: Try it, it's awesome! I know exactly what Jon is on about! :P

Bringing this topic back onto topic for a moment, I have had minor words about the 14 day trial, and will say this: It's very probable that it would be improved soon. I think the general concensus is that it's not quite up to scratch in terms of giving people a good enough opportunity to 1. get their system up and running, and 2. thereafter actually be able to test the software out. Something I fully sympathise with, and would definetly welcome improvements on.

Guest Brivtech

Well, this evening I got a free meal and wine at the local French restaurant! Life is on the up, the food was awesome, cooked by their Michelin-rated chef - Venison sausages in a wonderful sauce! I did their website, and regularly typeset their menu changes, as well as provide press-ready artwork and typography for magazine adverts and features.

I'm about to do a website for the local curry takeaway! Free food there perhaps? Hmmm, could be onto something, what's missing?

- Chinese - They want to do their own site, although I'm lending some assistence with it.

- Italian - Lost cause, overcooked calamari, poor service.

- Fish and Chips - Part of a large chain, or the other one I regularly use, well, they're an old Chinese couple who don't speak any English and use an abacus, somehow I don't think I'll get them on the internet any time soon.