Rebuild category product count

garywhitling

Hi,

Ok just clicked on Rebuild category product count in the admin area and it has removed all the product listings in ALL the sub categories! :unsure:

I assumed that it would just make sure all the amounts are correct and that an item has not been added in the same category or sub category twice!

I have this type of mod in my version 3 shops and it works great

Am I missing something here?

Is this a bug?

Anyone had the same happen?

• 1 month later...

Guest kusogaki

Hey, I just noticed your post a moment ago in my quest to solve my problems. I had the same thing happen upon other mishaps. Did you find a solution to this issue?

I just looked at the code and it does indeed wipe out extra cat entries in the cats_idx table. This is not what people intend I don't think -- I assume you were looking for what fixCatCount did.

I'll talk to Al about it tomorrow and see about getting it straightened out in the next release.

:)

Guest evnbartlett

I just looked at the code and it does indeed wipe out extra cat entries in the cats_idx table. This is not what people intend I don't think -- I assume you were looking for what fixCatCount did.

I'll talk to Al about it tomorrow and see about getting it straightened out in the next release.

:)

any news or any idea of how i could fix this. i seem to have run into the same problem on accident. oops. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest StuntSteel

:sourcerer:

any news or any idea of how i could fix this. i seem to have run into the same problem on accident. oops. thanks.

any new status on this... i have the same problem...

• 1 month later...
Guest karl800

:whistle:

I've had the same problem too. Click on the button..

And now my menu just says i dont have any products under my categories

would be nice if there is a way of caching them back

cheers