Checkout Flow: Order Is Generated Before Payment?

Guest philoye

Guest philoye

Quick question I have. My store is getting ready to launch and i'm working out all the kinks.

For some reason as soon as a payment is made on my webpage it goes to "complete and shipped" instead of Processing. Any way to fix this? This is confusing for me to find orders i need to package and confuses customers making them think orders are shipped. Please help!

I think it differs by payment gateway. I noticed that the eWay gateway sets completed orders to status "3" (order complete and shipped).

The fix is simple, look for a line like the following in modules > gateway > [gateway name] > form.inc.php:

$order->orderStatus(3,$orderSum['cart_order_id']);

Simply change the '3' to a '2' (processing):

$order->orderStatus(2,$orderSum['cart_order_id']);

Good luck.

p.

Guest philoye

You are the man!!

No worries.

Not sure what happens if you're selling a mixture of tangible and digital goods, or if someone buys an email gift certificate. I suspect it would stay on "Processing" even though it shouldn't. Oh well.

Guest Ohhh My

You are the man!!

No worries.

Not sure what happens if you're selling a mixture of tangible and digital goods, or if someone buys an email gift certificate. I suspect it would stay on "Processing" even though it shouldn't. Oh well.

no worries. i only have 1 digital item which are gift certificates!

• 1 month later...
Guest circler

Alas, I'm not in the business of doing CC mods for others. However, if you are brave (and have backed up your files, you can attempt this yourself)...

Thanks for taking the time to post those intructions.

Just so I'm clear, that will make it so that no email is sent unless the order has been successfully paid for (meaning the order status is "in process")?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bunster147

I am very interested in this aspect of CC4 Checkout.

My site will only use (at the moment) PayPal to accept paypal payments and credit and debit cards.

I only want emails to be sent to customers when they have paid for their goods.

I was looking at the admin/styles & Misc section and there is an option named "Disable new order alerts".

What does this do. I can find no mention of what this does anywhere.

I am also interested in the status of the sale saying completed when they pay via paypal.

All of my orders are driven by the receipt from PayPal to say that I have received new funds.

Is this possible?

Thanks for all of your help on this subject.

• 1 month later...

I am very interested in this aspect of CC4 Checkout.

My site will only use (at the moment) PayPal to accept paypal payments and credit and debit cards.

I only want emails to be sent to customers when they have paid for their goods.

I was looking at the admin/styles & Misc section and there is an option named "Disable new order alerts".

I am also interested in the status of the sale saying completed when they pay via paypal.

All of my orders are driven by the receipt from PayPal to say that I have received new funds.

Is this possible?

Thanks for all of your help on this subject.

Has there ever been a fix to this problem? I need to completely go to payment page and not create order until its paid for... Cube Cart seems to have a lot of people down in this aspect. I hope there is a fix

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikelschwarz

The "Disable new order alerts" setting in Admin is a setting that only determines whether or not the Administrator is sent an email notification when an order is the Pending state ("Pending Order Notification"). This setting does not control whether or not the customer is notified. To suppress the customer email, you have to make a minor change to the order.php file. Earlier in this thread there are instructions on how to suppress the Pending Order email notification to the customer. In addition, Estelle Winterflood has created a CC4.x.x mod available on CubeCartForums.org entitled Disable Order Acknowledgement Email (CC4) v1.0 here: http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?sh...pic=4283&hl. The mod simply shows you how to comment out the email notification trigger in the order.php file (also described here earlier in this discussion thread). I just made the change and it seems to work fine. I also made an additional change to the order.php to suppress the email notification that goes out when pending orders are automatically canceled by the system (also outlined here in this thread).

Is this possible?

Yes. Now, with the above changes implemented our customers will only receive 2 emails - once after they complete payment (Order Status: Processing) and then after we fulfill the order and set the status to Completed & Dispatched.

I'm not sure how PayPal works, however, I use Google Checkout and they have a Payment received "Acknowledgment" that gets sent back to the server that changes the order from Pending to Processing when the customer completes payment.

Has there ever been a fix to this problem? I need to completely go to payment page and not create order until its paid for... Cube Cart seems to have a lot of people down in this aspect. I hope there is a fix

Thanks in advance

There are work-arounds to suppress the email notification to basically give you the result you are looking for. CubeCart will still create an Order in Pending state, but the customer will never know about it. If you follow the instructions in this thread, the customer will only be notified upon successful payment.

Good luck!