Advertising Your Website

Guest OSKicks

i am doing a clothing website and i want it to be international, could someone please tell me some good companies or ways to get your website international, i will be selling clothing by wholesale, like 200,000 shirts plus, also jus any other types of advertising i know about pay per click and all that ebay sis good but i do huge orders, anyone got anything let me know------- Josh

Check out http://www.sitepronews.com/ for some ideas

What about doing a search for companies that you'd like to sell to and simply sending them a (non-spam-type) email introducing yourself. While you're searching, if you come across a site that allows you to add your link, do so.

Are you listed on international sites as being available to sell in their area? If you were looking to purchase from someone like you overseas - where would you find them? If I do a search for your type of clothing, will you come up in the first page?

Lots of leg work is the only way I can see - but then, I'm actively trying NOT to go international! lol Nor am I a great fan of things like the pay-per-click ideas. Selective advertising where your customer base will see you would be my suggestion on where to go.

Dragon

hey thanks for your response, my biggest clients will be international people i think, i don;t likje pay per click to much eiter but it does work pretty well even though its kinda pricey, my main thing is getting the website out around the world, anyine else got any ideas, Josh

If you are UK based there is a site called the wholesaler.co.uk that offers a good service. I have had loads of hits from it but so far no sales - however I believe that this is because i an not a true wholesaler.

If you are in the US I am sure they have something similar.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest andrewmoquin

i am doing a clothing website and i want it to be international, could someone please tell me some good companies or ways to get your website international, i will be selling clothing by wholesale, like 200,000 shirts plus, also jus any other types of advertising i know about pay per click and all that ebay sis good but i do huge orders, anyone got anything let me know------- Josh

Affiliate advertising is a good technique. Have affiliate sites direct you traffic on a pay per sale (or pay per click) rate. You might pay more on a pay per sale rate, but you only pay for the visitors that made a difference. Visitors who don’t buy on their first visit may come back though, so the pay per click may be worth it as well.

Does banner advertising work? Do people actually click on those generally annoying banners? The trick is to place them in the right places. Find websites that have similar or related topics to yours, also, don’t make you banner scream BANNER, but rather have it look like a friendly and helpful suggestion. The key is enticing people to your site, not scaring them into accidentally clicking on something.

Hi

All of the above suggestions are good and will give you fairly immediate response especially if you are geared up for wholesale business and advertising of whatever sort is obviously key. What a lot of people dont realise is that the effort has to be consistent and it will take time. Ultimately, the key to getting visitors to your website is spending a lot of time (or money) to get SEO done and then keeping that work going. If you have a niche product / website then it is obviously easier than if you are in a very competative market as you are. If you are going to pay somebody else to do, make sure you ask them plenty of questions and see work they have done previously - there are many companies out there who claim a lot, charge a lot and dont deliver.

Best wishes

Ian