All Opinions Gratefully Received

Guest myrmidon

Guest myrmidon

Hi,

This is the first store that I've made and I've been staring at it for a while now. The client loves it and I'm quite pleased with it, but it feels to me as if something is missing. I can't put my finger on it.

Does the 'Time For You' pic need to be in the banner?

Is the background fade a little too dull?

Does the whole thing just needa little splash of colour?

The store is due to go live in about two weeks, so all the stock levels are currently set to zero (so nobody can buy anything by mistake!) and it needs a few final tweeks. My question is...What should those tweeks be?

I'm open to almost anything, ' cus I'm just staring at the screen now. All ideas, opinions, feedback, constructive criticism will be openly welcomed. The store is aimed at a women's market, so any style, etc input from the girls would be a great help. Also, I've tested it in various browsers and resolutions, but any bugs you spot.....

www.songofthesiren.co.uk

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Mark

Guest myrmidon

Brilliant!

Thank you for your ideas. You're right, I hadn't even spotted that the numbers are in black.

One thing though. I've already tried to change the colour of the product listings (I managed to change the category listings), but can't find where to do it. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Once more, thanks for your input. I'll get on to these ASAP.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest myrmidon

Hi,

just to say thank you for your input. As you can see I've oncorporated your ideas and what a difference they've made. It's incredible what a second (and thrid) pairs of eyes can do for a project.

The site goes live tomorrow ands there's only one more thing to do - get rid of that blue line. I've tried, but can't, so I'll post over in skinngin adn see if some kind soul will point me ion the right direction.

Thanks once again for you input.

Mark

www.songofthesiren.co.uk

Guest ianleopard666

looking better, its amazing how much the small details can change a site.

good look with your launch, hope you think of us when your a millionaire :)

Guest xceejayx

Have you thought of using a contact form on your feedback page?

You can end up getting alot of spam by publishing your email address.

I use phMailer, which works well.

:)

I don't think that you have enough contrast. Pink and Red are pretty close in the colour wheel... You could try do something with the background and make a clear division between the page's content and background.

There's also a mod here that will prevent the short product description from including a fraction of a word (http://www.songofthesiren.co.uk/index.php?searchStr=&act=viewCat&Submit=Go).