American English Language

Guest charleslowery.com

Guest charleslowery.com

I've found posts on where to change some of the language nuances in V3 but not in V4. Specifically I'm looking to change 'Town' to 'City' on all relevant pages.

Also, does anyone know how to skip the gateway choice page (I'm only using one gateway) and go right to the payment page? Thanks.

In your Admin/Modules/Languages/en
While you are there, and if you are as picky as I about punctuation, grammar, syntax and style in manuals and instructions, you may want to correct the dozens of errors and poor choices.

Here are a few examples:

MISSING COMMAS

There is a general lack of commas after phrases, often causing the need to re-read a sentence until its intent is clear. For example:

WRONG: On saving changes take place immediately

CORRECT: On saving, changes take place immediately

That kind of error is common because not enough people have read the hilarious book, "Eats Shoots and Leaves" or were playing Pong under the desk when commas were taught that day back in grade school.

INVERTED WORD ORDER

WRONG: 'categories_desc' => "Below is a list of all the Categories in the database.",

CORRECT: 'categories_desc' => "A list of all the Categories in the database is below.",

MISPLACED MODIFIERS:

WRONG: 'pass_warn' => "(Only enter a password if you want to change the current one.)",

CORRECT: 'pass_warn' => "(Enter a password only if you want to change the current one.)",

TERMINOLOGY

WRONG: 'county' => "County/State:",

CORRECT: 'county' => "State:",

US carriers don't use "county" in delivery addresses

WRONG: 'postcode' => "Postcode:",

CORRECT" 'postcode' => "Zip:",

TYPOS

WRONG: 'click_source' => "You can click the source button above an paste in a html document you have already made.",

CORRECT: 'click_source' => "You can click the source button above and paste in a html document you have already made.",

better would be: "You can click the source button above and insert HTML code created in another editor.",

SUBJECT / VERB AGREEMENT:

WRONG: 'no_assigned_opts' => "No option have been assigned to any products.",

CORRECT: 'no_assigned_opts' => "No options have been assigned to any products.",

(even better would be: 'no_assigned_opts' => "Options were not assigned to any products.",)

I could go on for dozens of entries but ohh, the humanity.

Guest charleslowery.com

I don't have an 'en' folder in that directory. I have Admin/Modules/ and in that folder there are two files, index.inc.php and index.php. Is Admin/Modules/Languages/en where the files should be in version 4? There is a language folder in the root cubecart folder but when I edited the corresponding file in there and uploaded it to my server no changes were made.

Thanks for the help.

Guest dreamdancer

^ Um, I read your instructions the same way charleslowery.com did. No where in your first post do you mention the Admin control panel. I have been used to editing the language.inc.php file so the first place I looked upon reading your instructions was to go to my files and folders.

But thanks for clarifying, now I have found what you were talking about.