Urgent Help Needed

Guest chm

I was editing my site when the control panel ceased working.

this is the error I received-p

1226: User 'USERNAME' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

QUERY = UPDATE CubeCart_sessions SET `location`='/index.php', `timeLast`= '1192689474' WHERE sessId='cc880d44d3341782b084f7442749ab19'

Now the site is completely down.

can some help please.

This is SERIOUS-

This sounds like a hosting or very busy site issue.

Basically, mySQL can have a limit of the number of queries your account can issue per hour.

Your system is set to 50,000.

I'm a bit too rushed to count, but a typical CC page will need about 6 or 7 queries (perhaps less), which would mean about 7000 pages in the last hour...

CC4 is reported to be much better and caches quite a bit of data.

In any case, this doesn't sound right unless you've got very good traffic :-)

Do you have a forum on your domain/account -or any other scripts that may use mySQL?

The other possible cause is a robot crawling your site.. How many products do you have? MSN used to be pretty agressive, but I think its calmed down a bit now.

A bit more info would help - and as Burgensteed says, a URL would help.

Unless anything has changed on your site (new mod etc), contact your webhost.

If they do sort it, please post back.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks for the FAST response guys!

I ended up figuring it out.

I was working in the sub categories adding images to them and somehow, a category enabled itself to 45000 = products when there were only 3 in that category.

I attribute it to a little bug or something.

Fortunately I didn't lose any data..

Just a good couple hours fixing it..

Also, I'm using CC Version- 3.0.14

When I try to update it, I get confused as to what to update and then I worry about the update wiping out all my inventory Items.. (will this happen?

Also, I want to purchase the lic but fear that will mess something up on the inventory loaded.

Advice please.

Also, I'm using CC Version- 3.0.14

When I try to update it, I get confused as to what to update and then I worry about the update wiping out all my inventory Items.. (will this happen?

Also, I want to purchase the lic but fear that will mess something up on the inventory loaded.

Advice please.

You definitely should upgrade to the most recent version. I understand your fear of screwing up.

Before you attempt an upgrade, make two essential backups:

(1) the database (which is where your products, prices, etc. are stored) - you should be able to do this easily if your host provides cPanel or phpmyadmin.

(2) all the files from the store.

Download both backups to a safe place on your computer.

When you are doing an upgrade, there are two files and and one folder that you should either avoid overwriting, or at least be ready to restore from the above download.

config.php

global.php

(I'm too over-scheduled today to look up the correct names and path. Maybe someone will confirm or correct me, please?)

and the folder for whichever skin you are using.

With those backups availabl;e, there is little to go wrong that cannot be corrected.

so not to nbe to naive, but how do I make these back ups?

Ive never done this before.

Thanks

Do not be embarrassed to ask. No one here will make you feel bad for asking sincere questions. The only time you will sense impatience is if the issue has been dealt with repeatedly. But you can prevent any problem like that by doing a search of the forums. Also, many common problems are beautifully explianed in the free videos that you will find on the Support page above.

Now, back ups.

As I said, there are two, both important. Both are accessible though cPanel, a set of web site managment tools that most good hosting companies provide.

These comments assume you have cPanel and further assume that the package includes the mentioned tools.

You should get a confirmation IN WRITING from your tech support that the downloaded backups include BOTH the site files AND the database.

Open cPanel.

Look for the icon "backups"

Choose weekly, daily or monthly (hint - you probably just need a monthly at this point. Only a highly active site with many changes, would need more frequent backups.) If you choose one of those three, a window will pop up telling you that a download of that is about to start. Don't be intimidated by the file extension tar.gz.

You will only need to deal with that if your CC upgrade screws up and the backup must be used.

Also, you may choose, from the backup page, to make s

A single one-time Full Backup

Directory backup

MySql backup (that's your database)

etc.

Hope that helps.