Will Cubecart Work For Me?

Guest stevefink

Guest stevefink

Hi all,

I'm basically in the process of picking a scalable e-Commerce solution. I'm willing to pay (or in the case of open source, donate) for software that's worth my time. I've heard wonderful things about QubeCart. Unfortunately I've heard the same about Zen Cart and trying to integrate my custom template into their software has been nothing short of a headache. My question is simple. How difficult do the experts here see the following two templates be integrated into CubeCart as my store front and individual item listing?

http://gregs.phpgeek.org

http://gregs.phpgeek.org/subpage.html

Will something like this take a lot of tweaking to get working with CubeCart? Would I be able to get it customized in a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks all, and I hope this is the appropriate forum for such a question.

Cheers,

- sf

CubeCart is a scalable, flexible, secure e-commerce system

It uses the X-Template system where html and css is separate from the php code

depending on your skill level with html, css and php and MySql

you wont find a better system. Ive seen and made CubeCart do things its owner never dreamed of. Its just a matter of writing the right code and template html to make it work.

If your skills aren't all that then I would definitely recommend contacting a qualified web developer who knows CubeCart and can meet your stores needs. You can find one usually over at the http://www.cubecartforums.org website.

Hope this helps

Kinetic

I tried doing Zen Cart. There is a reason why Template Monster can charge $100+ per ZenCart skin/template while the most expensive CC template that I've seen is barely even that and there are beautiful free CC skins but free Zen Cart templates are pretty much all ugly and variations on the same theme.

I just wish I had found CC before messing around with ZenCart, personally. :)

CubeCart mods are also much easier to install than corresponding ZenCart ones.

Guest stevefink

This is, I'm a decent developer. Stronger on the PHP/MySQL/JavaScript side of things, but certainly capable of navigating (X)HTML/CSS. My question is based on browsing the links I provided above, how difficult do you folks think it would be to integrate, that's all.

I'll definitely give the trial a chance and go from there I suppose.

- sf

This is, I'm a decent developer. Stronger on the PHP/MySQL/JavaScript side of things, but certainly capable of navigating (X)HTML/CSS. My question is based on browsing the links I provided above, how difficult do you folks think it would be to integrate, that's all.

I'll definitely give the trial a chance and go from there I suppose.

- sf

Since you've already got the template made (which looks great), it's mostly a matter of 'dropping in' the CC things like {PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION} (or whatever the exact term is) where the description needs to go, etc. It's a little bit more complicated than that, but shouldn't be too difficult. :)

Guest stevefink

Thanks Anne :-)

I'll definitely pickup with the trial tonight and go from there. Hopefully this will turn out to be a working relationship! :-)

- sf

Guest dreamdancer

I tried Zen Cart for a while and customizing the look I wanted was quite hard. I switched to CubeCart and I have been able to get the skins to match every one of my clients' sites and they are quite diverse. (all of my clients have a cart as an add on to their site)

I have been spending a lot of time learning CSS so that helps. But I love everything about CubeCart, the ease of determining which modules to use, my clients can figure out how to add products and manage their shop easily. It is fantastic (even though I get frustrated when things don't work and come here in a not so happy mood, so far I have gotten every issue solved!!) I love it!!!