V4...how Do You Like It? User Input Please...

Guest bglefty

Guest bglefty

I haven't been around the CubeCart site in months...what a surprise to find Version 4! :)

I love CubeCart and have a great store using v2...after looking through the features of v4, it might be time to update that site! Most of the mods I had to use are now standard features...great work.

I'm curious about some user feedback because I remember the long hours I had to put in to get my v2 store working properly...and judging by the posts here there are still some issues with v4...of course there will always be some issues but I want to know...

...if v4 sets up and runs well out of the box?

...and is it easier to customize then in the past?

Thanks in advance for any input you can give me...

Sincerely,

John

...if v4 sets up and runs well out of the box?

...and is it easier to customize then in the past?

Thanks in advance for any input you can give me...

Sincerely,

John

I've only been around CC since the 'end' of CC3 (just before CC4 release). I think CC4 is much nicer than CC3, especially since most of the mods I wanted are included (I was probably going to end up spending a good $150-200 on CC3 mods, only to find them included in CC4)! It's very easy to set up and run. I've upgraded from CC3, done a couple fresh installs and migrated to a new server all with relatively minor problems (which were mostly my fault anyway).

I love the skins, just got finished modding one of the included skins to 'my' colors. Other than that, I haven't really done much customization beyond tweaking a few things here and there; though there are a few mods I plan on buying soon.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with CC4, though the coupon mod is driving me a bit batty. It works good, but I want it to do more. :)

Guest bglefty

...I think CC4 is much nicer than CC3, especially since most of the mods I wanted are included (I was probably going to end up spending a good $150-200 on CC3 mods, only to find them included in CC4)! It's very easy to set up and run. I've upgraded from CC3, done a couple fresh installs and migrated to a new server all with relatively minor problems (which were mostly my fault anyway)...

...the coupon mod is driving me a bit batty.

Thanks for the comments Anne... :)

That's the type of info I'm interested in...and I did spend $150-200 on CC2 mods...not that I'm complaining...I loved the end result...it just took so much TIME...

Any other veterans out there with comments or opinions? One thing that drove me a bit batty (as Anne said) was moving around and modifying the boxes on the left and right side of the store...moving a box from one side to the other, and having look right, wasn't always easy...is that easily done now?

Thanks,

John

I like CC4 over CC3 but it still needs some improvements.

Product Options are still a big pain, I actually add options in phpMyAdmin and it's much faster than using the administration interface. Seems like there's got to be a better way to set them up. Also wish there was an option to add a shipping/handling charge on each product (I think there was a CC3 mod for this). I still don't like that there's not much automation built in, like duplicating a product or adding duplicate product options to another product (again there may be a mod for this but it's so common Al should build it right in next time). The latest Zen Cart is a nice system as well but only problem is it's not actively updated like CC. I'd love to see Zen and CC merge together somehow, that would be a pretty sweet shopping cart.

Guest bglefty

Thanks for the feedback guys...it's appreciated...

Just wondering if there are any Canadians out there that could let me know if v4 handles PST & GST out of the box? I noticed something about Canada Post is the shipping module which is nice...but I'm wondering if it handles our taxes properly...

Thanks,

John