Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest xceejayx

Cubecart V4 Re-design

Guest webicon

Love it !- (But then I liked the v3 skin also!)

My only coment would be perhaps to set a 'faux colomn' on the left so that the left bar always reaches the footer - It doesn't for example on this page: http://myholes.co.uk/others/cat_45.html

Also you might want to look at getting it past a W3C validator (errors are simple enough to fix, and I believe this DOES improve your rankings with search engines)

But then thats just me being extra nit-picketty because design-wise this is a lovely site.

Guest xceejayx

My only coment would be perhaps to set a 'faux colomn' on the left so that the left bar always reaches the footer - It doesn't for example on this page: http://myholes.co.uk/others/cat_45.html

Yes! Do you know how i would do this? I did want to sort that out before, but i'm not sure how to do it. I've tried changing the height of #LeftColumn { to 100% but nothing seems to happen.

Also you might want to look at getting it past a W3C validator (errors are simple enough to fix, and I believe this DOES improve your rankings with search engines)

This is also something i need to sort out. Although so far we are ranking much higher than with our old store :)

Guest webicon

For the Faux colomn - Try a Google search for 'css faux column' their are plenty of css tutorials that will show you better than I can explain, but essentially you create a background graphic strip the width of the page body - colour/block in the left colomn (which you put in to style page surround div) - it repeats vertically and creates a 'full length' left colomn...

your graphic would be like the attached...

Guest xceejayx

Thanks for the advice, worked a treat :)

To cut loading times abit i just used an image the width of the column and postioned it top left, rather than using the full width image.

Cheers ;)