Duplicate Store In Same Domain

Guest tonyg

Hi,

I would appreciate some guidance.

I have need to duplicate a cc store in the same domain. I have successfully recreated the cc files on a separate folder and have created a second instance of the database.

I have edited the global.inc.php to reflect the new directory.

It all seems to be working except when I try to enter the admin on the copied sub-directory. When I log in, it takes me to the original store admin.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Tony

Thank you for your reply.

I have created a separate instance with a different password etc to the database and I have checked all the settings global.inc. I know that the new store accesses the new database because if I change the db access details, it fails (I've done this as a test) In fact both stores work great. The issue is the admin. I have noted other posts that point to exactly the same issue so there is clearly something common but I cannot figure it out.

Here is the post (issue highlighted by others towards the end)

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....mp;#entry141744

Thank you for your reply.

I have created a separate instance with a different password etc to the database and I have checked all the settings global.inc. I know that the new store accesses the new database because if I change the db access details, it fails (I've done this as a test) In fact both stores work great. The issue is the admin. I have noted other posts that point to exactly the same issue so there is clearly something common but I cannot figure it out.

Here is the post (issue highlighted by others towards the end)

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....mp;#entry141744

This is very strange - it shouldn't happen. I have run many CC3 stores on the same domain. All that was needed was a new database and changes to the global.inc.php file. Did you export the database contents from your 1st store and import it into the 2nd (new) database? If you did, try use a new clean database (using the CC3 install files).

Try also clean your browser cache and also try on a different computer.

You haven't said whether the database belonging to the second store had its contents copied over from the database belonging to the first store, but there is a table in the database holding admin settings.

So, when you go to the admin page of the second site (and it looks like the settings from the first site), try changing something and see if what you changed shows up in the admin settings of the first site.

If not, then there's really no problem. If the change did show up in the admin settings of the first site, then get back to us.

You haven't said whether the database belonging to the second store had its contents copied over from the database belonging to the first store, but there is a table in the database holding admin settings.

Yes I did copy the contents of the first store to the second store but of course the database of the second store was created first, and the imported the tables. I wanted to preserve all the attributes of the first store including admin accounts which is why I did it this way.

So, when you go to the admin page of the second site (and it looks like the settings from the first site), try changing something and see if what you changed shows up in the admin settings of the first site.

If I go into the second store and make a change, say to the front page, the effect is seen on the first store and not the second store

Let me explain exactly what is happening with the URLS as it might help.

www.domain.co.uk/admin/ - This is the first and original store

www.domain.co.uk/wholesale/admin/ - This is the second store

When I enter www.domain.co.uk/wholesale/admin/

Browser jumps to www.domain.co.uk/admin/login.php?goto=/wholesale/admin/index.php

I then log in and browser goes to www.domain.co.uk/wholesale/admin/index.php

Up to this point it all seems fine except that all the hyperlinks in the admin menu show

www.domain.co.uk/admin/ which of course is the first store.

I have cleared the Cache and have tried it on a different computer

In the end, if I can not get this working I shall have to install a new instance of the store but I can not see why this is doing what is doing.

Thank you for trying to help me.

I would just like to let you know that I have solved the problem by installing CC3 and then deleting all the database tables and importing them from the original site.

This means that the problem encountered is definitely to do with the files and not the database.

Anyway, I got i working so the learning point here is not to copy the files from a working site but rather to re-install the software.... I am still not sure where the difference is but there you go.

A big thank you to all those who have tried to help me with this.

Tony

Hmmm odd. I did the same thing you did - copied one of my existing stores to create a new one and imported the data from the first store to the copy. I had to change some of the settings in the database, but finally got it working just fine. Didn't have to reinstall cubecart. Unfortunately I didn't keep track of everything I actually did though.

At least you have it working - congrats. I'm getting ready to do similar to you and set up a wholesale store though dumping the contents from most of my 11 stores into it. That should be fun! lol