Issue With Protx

Guest Tarun Kumar

Guest Tarun Kumar

hi,

I have configured the payment gateway as PROTX in testing mode and am able to checkout an go onto PROTX and make payments. However after a payment is made successfully it displays an error back in cubecart stating that the payment has failed while I get an email from PROTX that the payment is successful.

Regards

tarun

Guest Tarun Kumar

If you do a live transaction (try making a product £0.01) - do you get the same result?

I will check and let you know.

I get the payment as succeeded sometimes and sometimes as failed. But in any case I get emails from PROTX that payment is made.

Guest sevenwear

I'm facing the same issues! I've got a feeling its something to do with Protx 3D-secure implementation and card holder name on card discrepancies. I've commented the name being passed by CC to the protx server in thransfer.inc.php so the customer has to fill in the field from scratch - this is helping with more successful transactions although its still not perfect.

I've also been looking around other forums for general protx issues and they seem to be plagued with them at the moment. I'm going to set up an account with secure hosting today off the back of what i've been reading with Protx problems.

Guest Tarun Kumar

Please try the attached file which will be in 4.0.3. The old xor function was ASCII encoded which can cause issues. This one is not.

/modules/gateway/protx/transfer.inc.php

Nope; this dint work either.

Guest Tarun Kumar

Please try the attached file which will be in 4.0.3. The old xor function was ASCII encoded which can cause issues. This one is not.

/modules/gateway/protx/transfer.inc.php

So do you reckon this is a problem with PROTX itself?

Guest EverythingWeb

What are your settings for allowing through 3D Secure transactions?

As in - do you reject/set pending/fully auth based on how the results of the 3D Secure authentication go?

We had a few issues with Protx around their change over time, but most of this was down to them not updating merchants accounts properly. Having said that, we use the Direct service, not form, so 3D is handled on merchants site.

Form *should* in theory be problem-free now, since the upgrades, as its all on their servers.

Guest Tarun Kumar

What are your settings for allowing through 3D Secure transactions?

As in - do you reject/set pending/fully auth based on how the results of the 3D Secure authentication go?

We had a few issues with Protx around their change over time, but most of this was down to them not updating merchants accounts properly. Having said that, we use the Direct service, not form, so 3D is handled on merchants site.

Form *should* in theory be problem-free now, since the upgrades, as its all on their servers.

Will check and let you know; but its weird that certain transactions get through while certain dont and says sorry it failed!

Guest sevenwear

No - the thing is - it can work good as gold in the simulate, but its no good if lives not going to work.

I'm setting up with Secure Hosting - is the SH module backward compatible with CC3?

Guest sevenwear

OK - I think whats happening here is this.....

In the Protx admin - 3DS rules are setup to take cards not in the 3DS scheme.

The user clicks 'skip' when presented with the 3DS page.

CC says the order has failed - Protx take the money.

Solution - uncheck 'Allow cards not in 3DS' however this will mean people that don't want to sign up to 3DS won't be able to put cards though.

I think this is the root of the problem.

Why are cards being cleared but failure calls going back to CC??

Guest Tarun Kumar

- Goto http://techsupport.protx.com/downloads.asp

- Click on VSP Form

- Select Integration Kits as PHP language

- Unzip the kit

- Open includes.php

function simpleXor($InString, $Key) {

// Initialise key array

$KeyList = array();

// Initialise out variable

$output = "";

// Convert $Key into array of ASCII values

for($i = 0; $i < strlen($Key); $i++){

$KeyList[$i] = ord(substr($Key, $i, 1));

}

// Step through string a character at a time

for($i = 0; $i < strlen($InString); $i++) {

// Get ASCII code from string, get ASCII code from key (loop through with MOD), XOR the two, get the character from the result

// % is MOD (modulus), ^ is XOR

$output.= chr(ord(substr($InString, $i, 1)) ^ ($KeyList[$i % strlen($Key)]));

}

// Return the result

return $output;

}

replace this function in cubecarts transfer.inc.php

and it should work ...

oh dont forget it for ASCII code and this needs to be changed..

:blink:

Guest Tarun Kumar

Thanks for your code. Unfortunately it won't work. ASCII mode corrupts return transfer data and makes the order fail from my testing. We specifically changed it to not work in ASCII mode.

:S

Our code is correct. SecureHosting is a good choice if you are not happy with Protx.

hmm.... seems to work absolutely fine here ... is there a special situation where it wont work? I have the PROTX setting to be only in test mode and also this is a windows server where the code is being used and this works fine.

maybe take a look at the attached which works... am I missing something?

transfer.inc.php

Thanks for your code. Unfortunately it won't work. ASCII mode corrupts return transfer data and makes the order fail from my testing. We specifically changed it to not work in ASCII mode.

:S

Our code is correct. SecureHosting is a good choice if you are not happy with Protx.

hmm.... seems to work absolutely fine here ... is there a special situation where it wont work? I have the PROTX setting to be only in test mode and also this is a windows server where the code is being used and this works fine.

maybe take a look at the attached which works... am I missing something?

I sign up with protx and i am using VSP form and when somebody buys from my web site. I am not getting New Order Number: e-mail like i was when i was using Paypal.

Anybody got idea's what i mite have missed when i was setting it up. The cubecart version is 3.0.15

i getting this too Failure URL: http://www.******.com/shop/modules/gateway...nfirmed.php?f=1

Guest sevenwear

I've been on the phone to Protx this morning and the chap I spoke to was most helpful. We did some testing and found that there were discrepancies in the decode string.

I sent transfer.inc.php over to them and they think its something to do with whitespace in the decode function. They have modified the file saying 'they think that this should work' - i've popped a few transaction though and they seem to have worked...

Here's the file.......

I'm holding my breath :)

transfer.inc.php

Guest Jonathan SecureHosting

No - the thing is - it can work good as gold in the simulate, but its no good if lives not going to work.

I'm setting up with Secure Hosting - is the SH module backward compatible with CC3?

Yes - CC3 is also compatible with SecureHosting.

Let me know if you have any queries on this.

Jon

Jon

For more information view the latest updates

Jon

For more information view the latest updates

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest PaulD

I have downloaded and tried both the above files for protx.

I do not recognise the file structure for the latest file above. Is it for cubecart 3.15? If so, do I upload the whole protx folder into the admin-modules-gateway folder?

Any help appreciated

Paul

Guest Brivtech

I have downloaded and tried both the above files for protx.

I do not recognise the file structure for the latest file above. Is it for cubecart 3.15? If so, do I upload the whole protx folder into the admin-modules-gateway folder?

Any help appreciated

Paul

This forum is for CubeCart version 4, so anything here would not apply to version 3. You'll need to ask in the version 3 section.