Shipping Per Individual Item

Guest chopper

Guest chopper

Hi,

I have the need for several CubeCart licenses, but one thing in the amazingly easy setup is stumping me.

We need to apply a shipping charge to each item individually - eg, we may sell a set of exhaust pipes which are in a BIG box and costs $100 to ship, or a box of several t-shirts which only costs $10 to ship.

I can only see a flat rate in the "per item" option and there is no mention of shipping in the new product screen. Is there a separate module for this, or am i missing something?

Hopefully someone will get back to me soon, otherwise i'll have to look at another solution.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the need for several CubeCart licenses, but one thing in the amazingly easy setup is stumping me.

We need to apply a shipping charge to each item individually - eg, we may sell a set of exhaust pipes which are in a BIG box and costs $100 to ship, or a box of several t-shirts which only costs $10 to ship.

I can only see a flat rate in the "per item" option and there is no mention of shipping in the new product screen. Is there a separate module for this, or am i missing something?

Hopefully someone will get back to me soon, otherwise i'll have to look at another solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am also experiencing this problem, I have around 20 items or so which vary in size and weight so I need to charge a specified amount per item, i don't understand why this option is not available on cubecart - I am willing to purchase version 4 if someone can confirm that this facility is there?

Tbh i've tried going through all shipping options and I can't seem to get any of them to work, I have tried 'flat rat', 'percentage' and 'per item' - neither of these appear in the basket when I checkout.

please please please can someone point me in the right direction? need to get this sorted asap or i'm going to have to find an alternative ;)

Guest mambotech

Hi,

I have the same problem, it looks like the shipping module doesn't work at all. I am going to get my developer to have a look at the DB and see if we can write something for per item or per category.

Mark

Guest mambotech

Hi All

I don't think there a mod that works very well. We have just fixed the problem by writing some code and adding a table into the DB. Works like a dream now. If any one wants it fixed just contact me.

Mark ;)

Guest LimeTradeSoftware

There are a couple of 3rd party mods to help, you need to try www.cubecartforums.org

When shipping very large or heavy items you may need to change the delivery price depending on destination, there is a mod for that which relies on numeric postcode ranges.

You may want to charge a flat rate per item and enter that amount with each product, there is a mod for that as well.

Both of these are outside the scope of this site as they are 3rd party, not supported here.

Regards

Scott

Guest mambotech

There are a couple of 3rd party mods to help, you need to try www.cubecartforums.org

When shipping very large or heavy items you may need to change the delivery price depending on destination, there is a mod for that which relies on numeric postcode ranges.

You may want to charge a flat rate per item and enter that amount with each product, there is a mod for that as well.

Both of these are outside the scope of this site as they are 3rd party, not supported here.

Regards

Scott

OK guy's we have added the following functions:

Shipping cost by item

Cost Price

Markup by percentage which auto generates price

Profit margin auto generates.

product_im.png

contact me if you would like the code.

Mark