Plimsoll Store

Guest Tobythedog

Guest webicon

Hi Andrew,

I like the skin - nice clean design. Perhaps consider customising the buttons through the css sheet - the default doesn't really match the skin.

Do you mind if I ask - are you only ever going to do plimsoles - and is it likely you will only ever have a handful of styles? - If so you could make better use of the insterface to sell you products...

'Shop by category' becomes uneccessary as you only have one category 'plimsoles' - you certainly dont justify putting things in subcategories - the more clicks you put between your customer and your product, the more chances you are giving them to change their minds!).

IMHO I would lose the 'featured product' and 'shop by categories' box altogether and perhaps rename the 'most popular box' to 'our products' so you have a simple list of products. Also 'Latest Products' should be just 'our products' if you intend to keep the range limited.

Other than that - great job.

Guest Tobythedog

Hi webicon,

Cheers for the input and advice. :)

Makes more sense having only one main category, Instead of the subcategories.

PS: Changed the buttons to blue and the text.

Thanks again

Andrew

Guest Brivtech

Plimsolls! Now that brings back memories

It's all I knew as a lad, the word trainers wasn't really part of the British English vocabulary back then. How things change!

Guest webicon

@brent - Yes - think we should launch a 'bring back plimsoles' campaign - especially for reasons of cost. I bought a pair of trainers for my nephew last week - set me back £75! - this is for a 5 year old.

I'll have to set him to work cleaning chimneys to make that money back!

@andrew - Was thinking that your biggest market would obviously be schools as plimsoles are still the recognised 'official' footwear for PE - Would it be worth your while having a page where you listed the schools where these were on the 'official' school uniform list (if you have/can get that info)?....

Guest Tobythedog

Webicon :blink:

This website SchoolPumps was my wife's idea, She is a primary school teacher, Who came home from school one day, And said andrew can you get me a website up and running? and get me the stock for the site.

So I said what do you want to sell? She said school pumps i.e. Plimsoles/plimsolls, I said don't be silly she said I found a gap in the market for it at schools across the UK, And with the wife's internal database of schools and contacts I thought I would try it.

We have a advert going into a school magazine "raring2go.co.uk" and flyers going to all schools to be posted on the parents information boards. With approval of the heads.

Main problem is making sure the supplier, Can keep the stock we need & when we need it, So far so good. 95% stock we have in the spare room ;)

Andrew

Guest Brivtech

Methinks you guys will be looking to expand to a big warehouse in the future, and I'll be seeing you on Dragon's Den when that time comes! :blink:

I wish you the very best of luck, and hope the venture gets up to speed, and jumps ahead quickly (pun intended!).