V3 To V4 Error's

Hi

I have upgraded from Cubecart V3 to cubecart v4.0.3

everytime i add a iten or changed a stock it or price i am getting this message.

====

MySQL Error Occured

Error Message:

1054: Unknown column 'stockWarn' in 'field list'

SQL:

INSERT INTO CubeCart_inventory (`productCode`,`name`,`cat_id`,`description`,`image`,`price`,`sale_price`,`stock_level`,`useStockLevel`,`digital`,`digitalDir`,`prodWeight`,`stockWarn`,`taxType`,`showFeatured`,`eanupcCode`,`prod_metatitle`,`prod_metadesc`,`prod_metakeywords`) VALUES ('Test 09','Test Ink','42','

Test 1

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

&12

\r\n

&13

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

\r\n

','','1.02','','6','1','0','','0.00','','2','1','','','','');

========

Whats going worng

Guest Shelbeeray

Me too. Thank god I'm not the only one. I've had to revert to my old site. I hope this gets resolved. I thought the cart was going to be easy to use and am now regretting having bought the full version of CubeCart. I hope I can get my money back if this doesn't get resolved soon.

Me too. Thank god I'm not the only one. I've had to revert to my old site. I hope this gets resolved. I thought the cart was going to be easy to use and am now regretting having bought the full version of CubeCart. I hope I can get my money back if this doesn't get resolved soon.

My guess is that the new stockWarn field was omitted from the script that upgraded the database. I've emailed the folks that produce CubeCart - it wouldn't hurt for everyone to do the same - and then I am sure they will release a fix.

You could add this field manually if you're comfortable editing database but, even then, it would be useful to know exactly what the column definition was.

Best wishes,

-Paul

Guest ranger55

Use this sql statement to add the missing stockWarn column to your inventory table. I pulled the column definition from the full setup scripts. The upgrade script did have a column add for this column, but the definition was different. I'm not sure why it didn't execute it during the upgrade.

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_inventory` ADD `stockWarn` int(11) NOT NULL default '0'

Worked great for me.

Use this sql statement to add the missing stockWarn column to your inventory table. I pulled the column definition from the full setup scripts. The upgrade script did have a column add for this column, but the definition was different. I'm not sure why it didn't execute it during the upgrade.

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_inventory` ADD `stockWarn` int(11) NOT NULL default '0'

Worked great for me.

Thanks Ranger55.

Is there anything else we need to know about when making the upgrade?

Thank again,

-Paul

Guest novatec

ranger55 thanks bud for the advice -----would thought this was sorted when it was beta or previous releases

but thx again ranger55

unless new to version 4.03

Guest Brivtech

Things like this wo't be resolved unless they are posted as bug reports. The developers don't visit all the topics on the forums, so it's very easy for topics to slip though the correctional net.

I've mentioned it to CubeCart - they say the SQL we should use is:

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_inventory` ADD `stockWarn` TINYINT(1) NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `stock_level`;

but ranger55's code will work just as well. I just thought you might like to see the 'official' version aswell.

-Paul

I've mentioned it to CubeCart - they say the SQL we should use is:

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_inventory` ADD `stockWarn` TINYINT(1) NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `stock_level`;

but ranger55's code will work just as well. I just thought you might like to see the 'official' version aswell.

-Paul

Hey, could you guys please give a little bit more explanation on this? What shoud I do to apply this code?

Hey, could you guys please give a little bit more explanation on this? What shoud I do to apply this code?

Structured Query Language (SQL) is how programs, including CubeCart, talk to databases. Usually your web host will have a database frontend (for example phpMyAdmin) that will enable you to see the records in your database. That same front end will usually allow you to run SQL commands and queries on the database. If you connect to the database used by CubeCart using whatever database frontend your webhost provides, you should be able to enter and run one of those commands shown above.

The purpose of these particular commands is to add a new field to the database that adds extra functionality with Version 4 of CubeCart. Unfortunately, without the extra field, it's not possible to update product information that was originally entered in Cube Cart Version 3.

Best wishes,

-Paul