Category Descriptions

jclanin

All I could think of would be to make sure in your viewCat.tpl file that the lines:

<!-- BEGIN: cat_desc -->

{TXT_CAT_DESC}

<!-- END: cat_desc -->

are still intact. Beyond that it might be database problems, or something inherent to you install.

I hope that helps.

All I could think of would be to make sure in your viewCat.tpl file that the lines:

<!-- BEGIN: cat_desc -->

{TXT_CAT_DESC}

<!-- END: cat_desc -->

are still intact. Beyond that it might be database problems, or something inherent to you install.

I hope that helps.

Is it the default configuration for the Category descriptions NOT to show up? My fresh install of CC4.0.3 is not showing them either. That doesn't seem very logical. Why would you not have that in the template? If you don't want a description showing, you simply wouldn't put one in. Something is fishy here.

EDIT: I just looked closely at the viewCat.tpl file and noticed something. There is an illegal tag in the page:

<select class="dropDown" id="sortMethod" class="textbox">

See the problem? there are two class attributes. That's a no-no. I think this page needs tweaking. However, this is not the problem. There was a bug in the Categories in < 4.0.3 Kita Blue skin. My store skin was a custom mod of Kita Blue I took from a test install of 4.0.2 so it shows this flaw. If you upload the styleTemplates folder from 4.0.3, it will work. It solved it for me.