Paypal Module Doesn't Works On Cc4!

Guest gis100

My customers were so angry that I had to close my CC4 store.

I've started my Video Direct Download Store using CC4. CC4 is great but unuseful because my customers never receive any download access email!!!!! because orders remain pending of payment

I receive perfectly the payments, but seems that IPN doesnt work, all orders are pending. Only when I set manually an order to complete, the user receives the download email.

I've tested all the solutions of the forums, but nothing was working. But when I use CC3, Paypal IPN works fine!!!!!!!

My test period for CC4 finish on 10 days, and if I don't get help I'll not pay the licence+copyright removal, and I'll switch to a better (simple but safe) script.

=====================================================

I use the Paypal module with the next configuration: (tested on a non closed store)

My Paypal account:

IPN Preferences: ; IPN:On ; IPN URL: (copied and pasted from my Paypal Module): http://www.mysite.com/store/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

Website payment preferences:

Autoreturn: On Return URL: copied an pasted from CC4 Paypal Module (Paypal redirects succesfully to my store after payment is done.)

Payment Data Transfer: On/Off (I tested both options and the order continues pendent of payment on order status)

Block Non encrypted website payment: Off

Paypal Account Optional: Off

Contact telephone: Off

Support giropay and bank transfer payments: No

=============================================

Thanks in advance for your precious help!!!!

PS: I only receive a deep silence from Cubercart wonderful support team!!!

It is not CubeCart's problem, but PayPal changing their site about recently. Was working perfectly fine on v3 until the past couple of weeks and the only thing that has changed is PayPal's site. Now orders do not change upon payment to processing unless it is done manually.

Was hoping that this was not the case in v4 as it was an option to the client, but as it seems to be happening also in v4, I shall tell him to stay with v3.

Guest philoye

Ok, I'm a bit lost. I have never set up any tool to receive payments by PayPal, so this is uncharted territory for me.

I'm attempting to set up Paypal IPN using the PayPal sandbox developer account. I believe I have set it up properly, but a few things are happening:

1) Payment is going through.

2) Buyer is stuck on the "Thank you for your payment screen", buyer is not being sent back to my site.

3) There's no link on the PayPal page to go back.

This leads me to think that it might be a PayPal issue. Is it the SandBox? Something else?

Is this a CC issue? Or a PayPal issue, I have no idea what is going on. There are a ton of PayPal methods (Pro, IPN, Standard, etc.), so searches on the forums are difficult because people often aren't specifying which they're using.

Guest philoye

Ok, things are a little more clear now.

I've followed some instructions that I found on cubecartforums.org to place the return values directly into transfer.inc.php.

<input type='hidden' name='return' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/index.php?_g=co&_a=confirmed&s=3' />

<input type='hidden' name='cancel_return' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/index.php?_g=co&_a=confirmed&s=3' />

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal' />";

This causes it override the values that you place in your PayPal seller preferences. This helped as now PayPal has a return link to the CC confirmation page. For some reason, in the Sandbox the seller preferences weren't working.

So I have fixed half of my problem.

The current issue is that my orders aren't being marked as paid, so it would seem the IPN isn't working. My host doesn't have a proxy, it isn't behind a username password.

However, my store is offline at the moment. Would cubecart not take payment if the store is in offline mode? I'm not ready to go live until everything is working... a bit of a chicken/egg problem.

Guest Dearden

Hey man,

I am worried about this can you help me to understand this???? I don't want my customers to have troubles paying and i don't want to have troubles receiving money!!!!

Joshua L. Dearden

I'll recommend to all the users with Paypal IPN issues to do this:

1.) Be sure to know that your server is not running under proxy, and when this is the case, ask your proxy address to your server support, and then set that proxy address on CC4 admin/settings/ to make IPN work right.

2.) If your server is not under proxy, and IPN doesn't respond, Install your Cubecart store on an alternative server and test it again .

On my case, on the alternative server the Paypal IPN is working right, but not on my official server. I've to say that my official server is not under proxy, so the IPN issue maybe is caused by a wrong server setting, or perhaps an old PHP version. I don't know why exactly, just test an alternative server!!!!

Cubecart support team SHOULD test this issue and inform us about the right server requeriments to make IPN work properly.

Guest philoye

However, my store is offline at the moment. Would cubecart not take payment if the store is in offline mode? I'm not ready to go live until everything is working... a bit of a chicken/egg problem.

I reported this to Devellion and they confirmed that yes, IPNs won't work in offline mode.

Guest 4th wave

Hi Folks,

After reading through this thread on the PayPal IPN problem I think I will back away from switching to CC4 from Zen Cart. I had installed Zen but it was just too much for a novice at shopping carts. IU think I will continue to look for something else.

CC4 looked promising until today. Too bad.

:D

Guest philoye

Hi Folks,

After reading through this thread on the PayPal IPN problem I think I will back away from switching to CC4 from Zen Cart. I had installed Zen but it was just too much for a novice at shopping carts. IU think I will continue to look for something else.

CC4 looked promising until today. Too bad.

:D

Well, I can't speak to Zen Cart (other than the templating system is a nightmare), but PayPal IPN works fine for me. I did my first transaction last night, with no problems. So I wouldn't steer clear of CC4 for that reason.

p.

Well, I can't speak to Zen Cart (other than the templating system is a nightmare), but PayPal IPN works fine for me. I did my first transaction last night, with no problems. So I wouldn't steer clear of CC4 for that reason.

p.

philoye: does your order status switch to completed automatically when an user makes a transaction? or order status on CC4 admin remain as pending after the Paypal transaction is complete?

I really need to know it! Please answer.

Thanks

Guest philoye

philoye: does your order status switch to completed automatically when an user makes a transaction? or order status on CC4 admin remain as pending after the Paypal transaction is complete?

I really need to know it! Please answer.

Thanks

Yes, the order status changed for me.

A few things to check:

1. Make sure your site is "on". IPN doesn't work if your CubeCart store is offline.
  2. I was unsuccessful getting the PayPal sandbox working, so I did it in live.
  3. Make sure you have set up IPN in your PayPal account (turn it on, include the return url from the CC admin screen)
  4. Make sure you have the Website payment preferences set in PayPal (auto return on, payment data transfer off)
  5. I added the three lines to transfer.inc.php that I listed above, which is redundant, but works.

Good luck,

p.

Hi folks: I got this answer from Cubecart support. Read it. Is very interesting for all the people having IPN issues:

==============================================

Bill has told you what the problems is and it is not a CubeCart bug. Your hosting company MUST have cURL working for the PayPal IPN module to work. It really is that simple.

[yourstore URL]/admin.php?_g=misc/serverInfo

The reason it may work in v3 is because v3 used fsockopen instead of curl. Nowadays most hosts disable fsockopen and use cURL instead. CubeCart has to move with the times.

So I must reiterate that you must contact your hosting company and ask them to "configure cURL with PHP" or move to a hosting company such as http://www.bluehost.com or any of hundreds of other who do.

==============================================

As an alternative solution, if your server doesn't support cURL, you can try this patch:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=2534

Guest Barefoot Chris

Confirmation Page Blank?

After MANY visits to the Support Forums, I've got Paypal Standard working OK on the Return to my Confirmation page. HOWEVER, even though I get an e-mail from my Cubecart store notifying that "Payment was received for order" and the Order Status Seems to update to "Processing" as it should, the Confirmation page itself is blank. It does not return an order success or order failure message, just the "Confirmation Page" header. It should AT LEAST give the generic Order Success message as edited in the Back Office. A bit more information, such as the Order number or amount would be nice, since Paypal is passing this info back in the URL string.

This is in CC version 4.0.3.

Please advise. Thanks.

Barefoot Chris

EDIT: I just realized that the confirmation page isn't even showing things that do NOT depend on a payment status update (ie things outside the order_success or order_failed region). It seems its not even acknowledging a session_true or session_false parameter. It doesn't show content between these sections either. So, it's not acknowledging the existing user session? Yes, I was logged in to my customer account when I submitted the orders. I also verified the Return URL in Paypal exactly matches my Return URL from my admin panel and global.inc.php (with no www).

Guest Barefoot Chris

This is a very simple script to check your site supports CURL.

I already checked with my webhost...they said they do. Also, if the site didn't support CURL, would the Order Status update to processing and the Payment received e-mail be sent?

~Barefoot Chris

This is a very simple script to check your site supports CURL.

I already checked with my webhost...they said they do. Also, if the site didn't support CURL, would the Order Status update to processing and the Payment received e-mail be sent?

~Barefoot Chris

Hi Chris. It will work. I had a nightmare before to set it, because I didn't had any info to solve it. On this thread you have the necessary links to solve any IPN issue in a couple of minutes.

You have a script to check if your server supports CURL, (test it and don't believe what your support says, my ISP support were laying to me telling me that CURL was set it up, but it wasnt).

If you dont want to loose your time, just use the IPN mod for non CURL servers. On this thread is all you need.

Good luck!

Guest Barefoot Chris

I ran the script on my site server and got:

CURL extension loaded.

CURL function found.

So, it seems my host didn't lie at least.

I'm still the same place though. Order status updates and e-mail sends, but Confirmation page is blank.

Does the IPN mod for non-CURL servers work on CC v 4.0.3--most of the references to it were for version 3?

Hi Chris. It will work. I had a nightmare before to set it, because I didn't had any info to solve it. On this thread you have the necessary links to solve any IPN issue in a couple of minutes.

You have a script to check if your server supports CURL, (test it and don't believe what your support says, my ISP support were laying to me telling me that CURL was set it up, but it wasnt).

If you dont want to loose your time, just use the IPN mod for non CURL servers. On this thread is all you need.

Good luck!

I'm still the same place though. Order status updates and e-mail sends, but Confirmation page is blank.

Does the IPN mod for non-CURL servers work on CC v 4.0.3--most of the references to it were for version 3?

Please note confirmation screen has nothing common to order status change! The IPN method means PayPal server will run your IPN URL you specified at PayPal in your profile once payment is successfull.

If your site supports CURL and no oder status change were made there are TWO reasons:

1. PayPal never run IPN to your stores. It happens but occasionaly. PayPal changed design and code a bit.

OR

2. Your PayPal profile settings are wrong. Pleas check this post dont care it is to CubeCart version 3 related. PayPal profile setting for CC4 are as the same as for CC3. Only exception it works on Premier account too.

You may try The PayPal IPN with unix domain socket connection (CC3 style) method posted in cubecartforums.org hovever suppose the same result for you.

Confirmation Page Blank?
It seem you use a custom CC3 skin. Please note there is a lot diffrences between CC3 and CC4. Confimration template page has a new section gateways similar to PayPal IPN do use.

Guest charleslowery.com

I'm having the same problems with order status not being updated. I've tried everything listed in this thread but the order status isn't being updated.

One thing that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that if I view 'Transaction Logs' in the CC admin panel it shows that the payment has been completed via PayPal IPN.

So it would appear that CC is in some way receiving the confirmation from PayPal that the payment is complete, but it's not updating the order status or sending the email with links to downloadable products.

Any suggestions? Thanks.