Secure Admin Login Problems

Guest j.james

Guest j.james

I am unable to access my admin panel in secure mode or securely login and am receiving a 404 error when trying to do so. I can only access admin in nonsecure mode. I have everything set up correctly I believe as the cart and user registration switch to secure mode in the shop. I use a dedicated SSL certificate. Does anyone have a clue as to what I may be doing wrong or any files such as the includes/global.inc I may need to edit to get this work properly?

I am unable to access my admin panel in secure mode or securely login and am receiving a 404 error when trying to do so. I can only access admin in nonsecure mode. I have everything set up correctly I believe as the cart and user registration switch to secure mode in the shop. I use a dedicated SSL certificate. Does anyone have a clue as to what I may be doing wrong or any files such as the includes/global.inc I may need to edit to get this work properly?

I know that there may be a problem with the SSL switch (though I can't be sure). The issue experienced was when a user tried to view his account or logout. The (temporary) solution was to revert the SSL Switch file back to the SSL Switch file used in CC3.

Guest j.james

I have cleared the cache and cookies, the same problem exists. Interestingly once I am logged in I am able to switch over to sercure but then find that there is no formating in the files.

Guest EverythingWeb

Sounds like your SSL Config settings, and in particular your URL are not set correctly.

Triple check the settings, and ensure if it says with or without a trailing slash, that you follow the instructions :huh:

• 2 years later...
Guest indy181

I know that there may be a problem with the SSL switch (though I can't be sure). The issue experienced was when a user tried to view his account or logout. The (temporary) solution was to revert the SSL Switch file back to the SSL Switch file used in CC3.

Do you know where the SSL Switch file is located in the directory ?

• 3 months later...

We also could not login securely (ok non-secure) and after spending hours searching forums wrote to support and got this reply..

SSL settings was the problem. I set correct relative path and all is working well.

I have to be honest and cant see what they changed but we can now login securely..

Enable SSL: Yes

Force SSL: No

HTTPS Root Relative Path: /

HTTPS Absolute URL: https://www.ourdomain.com/

HTTPS Root Path: /home/clothing/public_html

We host using cPanel

Good luck

Guest degsey69

We also could not login securely (ok non-secure) and after spending hours searching forums wrote to support and got this reply..

SSL settings was the problem. I set correct relative path and all is working well.

I have to be honest and cant see what they changed but we can now login securely..

Enable SSL: Yes

Force SSL: No

HTTPS Root Relative Path: /

HTTPS Absolute URL: https://www.ourdomain.com/

HTTPS Root Path: /home/clothing/public_html

We host using cPanel

Good luck

From what they are sayongyou did not put the / as the relative path.