Can't Install Vers 4

Guest adequatdfm

Guest Brivtech

Read the pinned post called "Read me first" at the top of this section of the forum.

When you get there, your answer will be revealed in the form of something called ioncube. All you need to know is there.

Guest adequatdfm

Read the pinned post called "Read me first" at the top of this section of the forum.

When you get there, your answer will be revealed in the form of something called ioncube. All you need to know is there.

OK -i run compat-test.php and i have that

Sans%20titre%201.gif

i reinstall cubecart 4

impossible to run cubecart 4 i have the error message

Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.

Seeing this message instead of the website you expected? .......................................

thancks

stop - i get the solution

thancks a lot

I have exactly the same problem as #3

Ioncube reports it running OK

Compatibility test reports it OK

I get the Zend optimiser not installed screen and can't go past that.

Please Help

Have you contacted your hosting supplier's Tech Support and asked that they install Zend?

Most hosting companies of any worth have it available. If not, that raises the question of how else are they cutting corners to reach a low price?

Guest Brivtech

If Zend is not working, use ioncube.

If ioncube is not working, then you've uploaded the wrong ioncube loader.

The trick is that there is a step where you have to select ioncube. If you miss this step, then it will keep defaulting to Zend, whether you have uploaded the correct ioncube files or not, and therefore you'll keep getting the Zend error messages.

It's as simple as that!

Only if you stay with that host. What's stopping you from moving?

Joe, that's not necessarily the best solution. There's plenty of hosts that offer Zend, but CC still won't work with it - Something to do with minor differences in configuration, and there's a couple of command lines missing from CC that would make it otherwise work with such hosts. The problem is that the configuration can differ slightly from host to host. Similar thing with ioncube. if you don't have the correct loader for hosting setup, it simply won't work, and the recommended loader isn't always the correct one!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnnyN

If Zend is not working, use ioncube.

If ioncube is not working, then you've uploaded the wrong ioncube loader.

The trick is that there is a step where you have to select ioncube. If you miss this step, then it will keep defaulting to Zend, whether you have uploaded the correct ioncube files or not, and therefore you'll keep getting the Zend error messages.

It's as simple as that!

Only if you stay with that host. What's stopping you from moving?

Joe, that's not necessarily the best solution. There's plenty of hosts that offer Zend, but CC still won't work with it - Something to do with minor differences in configuration, and there's a couple of command lines missing from CC that would make it otherwise work with such hosts. The problem is that the configuration can differ slightly from host to host. Similar thing with ioncube. if you don't have the correct loader for hosting setup, it simply won't work, and the recommended loader isn't always the correct one!

I was having problems with php4 so upgraded to php5 on my host, then of course they don't support zend optimization in php5.

I have installed ioncube and ioncubes helper reports all ok, but I still get the zend not installed message. I don't completely buy that I have installed the wrong version of ioncube, is there a way to force cubecart to use ioncube? that way I may at least throw an error that I can trace.

I see a file called gobal.inc.php-dist that has an option called $glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube' , so I can see that there used to be a way to force the encoder.

Is it set in the database now?

Guest hennaboy

EH? They dont support zend on PHP5 but they do with PHP4??

You should have a global.inc.php file not just the -dist file. Its created when you run through the install procedure.

Guest johnnyN

EH? They dont support zend on PHP5 but they do with PHP4??

You should have a global.inc.php file not just the -dist file. Its created when you run through the install procedure.

Thanks hennaboy, I don't know why I couldnt see the file before, it was right there in front of my eyes, I may have been looking at the local folders instead of host folder.

edited that file so $glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube' (instead of 'zend')

now it all works, and my php4 errors gone

(was having problems editing languages files from admin)

yeah I am with godaddy, .....stop laughing.

they are so screwed up, but now that I have fixed it to work with ioncube and php5 it appears to be running much faster.

sweet.