Which Css Editor Do You Recommend Me?

Guest gis100

I'm a begginer and I'm creating my own skin for CC4. My methodology is slow: I edit the style sheets on Dreamweaver and then I upload to my server. On a second computer I refresh my store to watch the changues.

There must be a faster metod than this (and even offline too).

Any recommendation from the experts?

Guest Brivtech

I do this professionally, and I know of no better way.

You could set up a local WAMP server on your computer, rather than upload the files, but for me it doesn't make that much of a difference.

I use Simple CSS. It is free and pretty easy to use. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to create a "Profile" for each .css file and you have to "Export" to save the changes to the .css file. If you make any changes outside the program, you have to delete the profile and re-import the .css file.

Guest Xpresso

I'd recommend Style Master from westciv, i use it all the time and the preview pane works with dynamic pages. Use this and the developer tools add on for firefox and you can't go wrong - well you can go wrong but you know what i mean

Guest wonderworks

I use CSSEdit (on a mac) It displays the site live in a browser window and besides that you have a window with the css info and palets with all options. It updates the site live if you change the css file by overriding the css file with the local copy you are editing. Takes out all the guesswork and immediate feedback, excellent!