Skin Problems

Guest grandmaitre

Guest grandmaitre

Hi,

I am trying to match the v4 shopping cart to my web design.

I have modified the global index.tpl in the skin folder and uploaded it (www.lovestogarden.com). When I click on any of my categories and error message pops up:

[XTemplate]

parse: blockname [body] does not exist

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ed

From what I can make out, you're either adapting a v3 skin to v4 or you've just copied the contents of your design pages directly into the global index.tpl, overwritting everything. Or both as v4 does not use cart.php.

Compare the top and bottom of your global index.tpl to the shipped versions, you will likely notice missing '<!-- BEGIN: body -->' code.

Guest grandmaitre

Robsta,

You were right. I erroneously uploaded a modified v3 global index.tpl into a v4 shopping cart.

Now I have uploaded the correct v4 version and I have made sure that the "Begin" and "End" code are in but I still get the same error message.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Ed

The path is skins/KitaBlue/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl
Ok, this makes sense now...

This is the top bit of your global template...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title>Loves To Garden</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<meta name="description" content="This is the meta description." />

<meta name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword2, keyword3." />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../../resources/layout00.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../../resources/style000.css" />

<link href="skins/classic/styleSheets/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="skins/classic/styleSheets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script language="javascript" src="resources/jslibrary.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

You're still missing the 'BEGIN: Body' bit, you are referencing stylesheets from other skins (hardcoded, and doesn't exist), as well as other stylesheets which I assume you know what they do (correct path?). And the path to the jslibrary.js is not correct for v4 (or v3).

Guest grandmaitre

I know for a fact that the top BODY line was in there.

Anyway, I checked my file, corrected the wrong path for the jslibrary.js and it works now.

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Ed

Guest grandmaitre

Well, when I said it works, I meant that the error message didn't pop up any more.

And no, the "Add to Basket" doesn't work. Any suggestions where to start looking?

Thanks again for all your help.

Ed

PS. I know this is the wrong place to mention it but the e-mail notification doesn't seem to work at all.

You have a mix of v3 and v4 link references in the skin, this will likely be the cause. You need to go through the templates to check you are using v4 references.... v4 does not use cart.php, and all index.php URL references use '?_a=' or not '?act='.

Compare it to a shipped v4 skin, Classic is a simple skin to compare against.

Guest grandmaitre

I went through all my files and corrected to v4 but the basket thing still doesn't work.

Not knowing either v3 or v4, I'm sure I've overlooked something but I can't figure out what.

Ed

I went through all my files and corrected to v4 but the basket thing still doesn't work.

Not knowing either v3 or v4, I'm sure I've overlooked something but I can't figure out what.

Ed

wright you are

Guest degsey69

The site is comletely wrong, you enter from a front page to the documents page, about us. These pages are have the cubecart copyright taken off, when you click on the checkout button it is generating ver 3 code which Robsta has said will not work on Ver4.

when you click on Catergorys or products you are taken to pages that have cubecart copyright showing in the browser and down in the footer.

There is no homepage to navigate to when you are finished or want to browse for more products.

It needs sorting out.

Degsey

Guest grandmaitre

The website is still under construction, it will be finetuned when all features work.

Currently the "Add to Basket" button is supposed to run this command: java script:submitDoc('addtobasket');

If this is not a v4 but a v3 command, I don't understand why that could be when v4 is installed. Maybe you could enlighten me instead of criticizing?

Thanks,

Ed

The website is still under construction, it will be finetuned when all features work.

Currently the "Add to Basket" button is supposed to run this command: java script:submitDoc('addtobasket');

If this is not a v4 but a v3 command, I don't understand why that could be when v4 is installed. Maybe you could enlighten me instead of criticizing?

Thanks,

Ed

Have you changed it in the template? and... Have you deleted your cache (not browser but files inside the cache directory)

No, I have not changed that template at all.

No, I have not deleted any files in the cache directory. Should I?

Sorry, I think that the CC4 JavaScript used to add an item to the cart is actually the same as CC3. You need to delete the cache. The template is cached and so you will not notice changes unless you delete all the files in the cache directory. FTP into the directory and delete all the files in there.

Guest grandmaitre

I upgraded from v3 to v4 according to the CubeCart instructions and I got a "Upgrade was successful" kind of message. During that upgrade almost all of the existing files and folders had to be deleted so I have to assume that there are no stray v3 bits and pieces strewn around.

I upgraded from v3 to v4 according to the CubeCart instructions and I got a "Upgrade was successful" kind of message. During that upgrade almost all of the existing files and folders had to be deleted so I have to assume that there are no stray v3 bits and pieces strewn around.
The instructions do not cover upgrading the skins though, this is left to the skin designer. This documentation should help, but note they have not yet been updated for the 4.1.x upgrade from 4.0.x (only one minor template update).

Guest grandmaitre

I have compared to the classic skin and a lot of things seem to work now except for the "Add to Basket" feature. This button is supposed to start a JavaScript but apparently it doesn't do that.

I can't even find where this script is located. Can anyone tell where I can find it and why it doesn't work?

Thanks a lot,

Ed