Fatal Error: Call To Undefined Function: Mhash()

Guest JewelryCollectibles

this is the error we keep getting in my client's cart:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mhash() in /xxxx/store/modules/gateway/Authorize/transfer.inc.php on line 125

i've xxxx'd out her path particulars here, but that's the error we get. i've copied line 125 below:

return (bin2hex (mhash(MHASH_MD5, $data, $key)));

she uses Authorize.net and the SSL cert is active and working.

does anyone have a clue what's going on with this and how i can fix it???

Thanks In Advance!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mhash() in /xxxx/store/modules/gateway/Authorize/transfer.inc.php on line 125

i've xxxx'd out her path particulars here, but that's the error we get. i've copied line 125 below:

Thanks In Advance!

I'd check with your host. I think that mhash is a PHP module that needs to be installed.

Thanks In Advance!

I'd check with your host. I think that mhash is a PHP module that needs to be installed.

well when i installed it for her, i ran the compat-test.php file and all was fine. mhash is basically a standard bundle, right?

Some hosts don't have it. It is certainly worth checking. The script is reporting that it doesn't know the mhash function. The only reason I can think of is you host did not compile PHP with the mhash extension enabled.

Some hosts don't have it. It is certainly worth checking. The script is reporting that it doesn't know the mhash function. The only reason I can think of is you host did not compile PHP with the mhash extension enabled.

ok here's the thing. i own the hosting company and checked with my techie people, it's definitely part of the PHP install. my client had an economy hosting plan, which was not as "flexible" as the deluxe with as many options. so i upgraded her. my tech guy went through the buy process with me. he got the error and said it was impossible based upon her hosting plan.

so, i looked at my cubecart 4 which was a fresh install. my gateway module is vastly different than hers, which was an upgrade. mine has authorize aim, hers still has the old authorize.net and the new authorize aim.

when i removed the authorize.net (which is no longer supported in v.4) the order went through fine, no errors.

HOWEVER, in the payment screen where you can choose betw. let's say the Order Form or Credit Card, the words for the choice "CREDIT CARD" were not there, even though the radio button to make the choice was.

so how do i fix this? seems i'm like two steps away but what do i do????

ok here's the thing. i own the hosting company and checked with my techie people, it's definitely part of the PHP install. my client had an economy hosting plan, which was not as "flexible" as the deluxe with as many options. so i upgraded her. my tech guy went through the buy process with me. he got the error and said it was impossible based upon her hosting plan.

so, i looked at my cubecart 4 which was a fresh install. my gateway module is vastly different than hers, which was an upgrade. mine has authorize aim, hers still has the old authorize.net and the new authorize aim.

when i removed the authorize.net (which is no longer supported in v.4) the order went through fine, no errors.

HOWEVER, in the payment screen where you can choose betw. let's say the Order Form or Credit Card, the words for the choice "CREDIT CARD" were not there, even though the radio button to make the choice was.

so how do i fix this? seems i'm like two steps away but what do i do????

Could be a bug with the gateway module. Have you submitted a support ticket?

could be. i wanted to see if anyone else who was upgrading ~ not a new install ~ but upgrading and using Authorize.net had this or a similar problem. will make a trouble ticket now as i think i've exhausted possibilities. thanks Homer for your help!

• 2 months later...