Reliable Price Competitive Host For Uk Site

Guest WeirdGear Dave

Guest WeirdGear Dave

I have been reading the posts about problems hosting CubeCart with some hosts.

I am testing things out at the moment using the latest CubeCart V3, everything working fine so far, even got the SSL part to work with no problems. Having a few problems getting orders to work with PayPal Direct, but that's another issue.

I am using a host company called ASmallOrange.com (ASO) but they seem to go down at really crucial times of the day 2pm and 6pm GMT (it is still down at the time of typing this!). I haven't raised this issue with ASO yet, but this has happened a few times this week and it is really anoying me. There is no way I am going to use them in the future if this is happening around peak times like Christmas.

Can anyone recommend a host that will work with CubeCart? I have been looking at BlueHost.com (noticed one of the ad banners at the top of the forum pages), has anyone used this company for hosting - especially keen to hear if you are a UK customer like me?

Guest hardnut33

i cant post links but have PM'd you with my hosts details...have used them for 2 years with no hassles at all, very friendly and helpfull!! even after they have taken the money....

Guest WeirdGear Dave

I've heard that ASO is a very good host. They've got mainly good reviews. I'd give them a chance. Ask them to move you to another server due to the downtime.

yeah, it would be a real shame to move from them as the support staff are fantastic - really helped me with a lot of issues. They always give simple and clear explanations to my queries. As I said, everything else is fine, it was just that I needed the site to be up this afternoon to show to a new supplier and site didn't work :w00t:. I know that all servers have to periodically go off line to carry out maintenance etc. so maybe it was just bad timing.

Oh, they are back online by the way :errm:

Guest WeirdGear Dave

the server has gone down again at exactly the same time as yesterday (2pm GMT). This is crazy - 3 days in a row now what the hell are they doing I wonder :(

the server has gone down again at exactly the same time as yesterday (2pm GMT). This is crazy - 3 days in a row now what the hell are they doing I wonder :(

It's probably a few users using unreasonable amounts of resources. Or... It could be a hardware issue. I'd seriously consider asking them to move your site to another one of their servers. You won't need to change anything - it's seamless and should take them only a few minutes.

Guest webicon

Agree - It looks like the server resources are being used up - I had this once before all because another site they hosted that had video was using up all the bandwidth! - i was moved to a different shared server with no hassle and things are much better (although not for the other resource eating site - they were kicked off!)...

What have your hosts said so far about this?