Nuts4digi

Guest Firen

Thank you so much for your input Stevie. I am rather pleased with the way the site has turned out. Yes the footer is a bit of a pain. Must work on that. :P

I'm off to check out the like you've provided.

Thanks again! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fuzionit

Hi

Site looks really great. Had the same problem with loading time though. The files sizes on your pretty graphics are very big. Can reccommend Macromedia/Adobe Fireworks for compressing file sizes. Not cheap but worth every penny.

:blink:

Guest fuzionit

Our site is obviously graphic orientated, so it's kinda hard to reduce the amount of graphics on the site.

You don't need to reduce the amount of graphics, just reduce the file sizes. The problem is that no matter how great your site is, people won't wait for it to load to find out.

I have a very big, very graphics intense site (Equine Online). It's not the fastest loader either but when you consider the amount of stuff on each page, it's ok. Try and make sure that none of your graphics are over 50k. Small, static files can usually be brought under 10k. Animated banner somewhere between 20-30k.

Email me your header and your xmas tree and I see if I can compress them for you. Should take two minutes. You will be able to see then if it makes a difference to your loading time :blink:

• 1 month later...
Guest asafisk

I just had a look at your site. Very pretty. You clearly spent time getting things looking right.

I am getting the same slow page loads though.

I would personally consider changing host. For some reason the images are not caching in the browser, which will not only slow things down but will cost you more in bandwidth.

It's true, the externally hosted items don't help and can prevent the page from loading fully if the external site goes down.

Best of luck,

Asa