Customer Emails

Guest AndySV1K

Guest AndySV1K

During testing, i have found that i as a customer am recieving emails from the store twice, both identical, both at the same time.

I put an order through, then receieved the payment receieved email twice.

Then i went into admin cp and completed the order.

i then receieved the order complete email twice.

the email addresses i use as customer and admin are different and ive checked that both duplicate emails are going to the same address.

Any ideas?

Andy.

During testing, i have found that i as a customer am recieving emails from the store twice, both identical, both at the same time.

the email addresses i use as customer and admin are different and ive checked that both duplicate emails are going to the same address.

Any ideas?

Andy.

I'm not sure if this will help - could be totally unrelated. But at one stage I was receiving emails twice (my emails download to Microsoft Outlook). I set up rules so that various emails go straight to their appropriate folders. What I had done was set up an additional rule (that wasn't needed) which was giving me a double up of those emails. Not sure why, and don't remember what I was trying to achieve or whether I'd just got lost one day. But that was how I was receiving a double up of emails.

Check the set up in your email client.

If it's not this, then I'm sorry. I don't know if it's a CC thing or not.

regards

Jodes

I have the same problem,... along with many other problems... Although Im only running the trial version, it does not give high hopes for me to actually purchase the license and all...

Any ideas?

Andy.

I'm not sure if this will help - could be totally unrelated. But at one stage I was receiving emails twice (my emails download to Microsoft Outlook). I set up rules so that various emails go straight to their appropriate folders. What I had done was set up an additional rule (that wasn't needed) which was giving me a double up of those emails. Not sure why, and don't remember what I was trying to achieve or whether I'd just got lost one day. But that was how I was receiving a double up of emails.

Check the set up in your email client.

If it's not this, then I'm sorry. I don't know if it's a CC thing or not.

regards

Jodes

• 1 year later...
Guest flowerz

Hi,

I am having a similar issue,

I wonder if anyone know what is causing the customers order complete emails to be sent twice!

I have been trying out my new store & making some trial purchases to check process is working correctly, all is working well except for this duplicate customer order complete email issue,

Below is an example of the order complete email

Dear customer,

Thank you for your order no: 01234 placed on Date, Time

The transaction was successful and we will ship your goods at the first possible opportunity (if applicable

1. Customer gets above order complete email

2. Then email to the link to the download

3. Then customer gets the same order complete email again

Any help appreciated

Pam

• 1 month later...

One of my store customers just reported the same thing. I have many stores with CC 4 and started way back in the early CC3 days. This thing is getting really buggy - I have all kinds of different problems with every store. Time to just give up and switch?

• 3 months later...

I had this same issue with 4.3.2....turns out it WAS Outlook 2007 and some mail rules I setup that were causing the duplicates.

I ran a test through my Gmail account and it showed up with one email each.

So chalk one up for Outlook mail rules being the issue..at least for me. :blink: