Google Checkout - Make It Default

Guest macjs

How can I make Google Checkout the default payment method?

Reason is that when I was testing the payment gateway, I got an error. When I went back and clicked on My Account to view the order there is a button that says "Make Payment".

Then I clicked on "Complete Payment" from my Orders page (step 3).

This page says: "Please choose your preferred payment method from those listed below. Please note that your order may not be completed until payment has cleared." and then there is a Delivery Notes box there, but there is NO payment gateway listed at all, to choose. Just a "Make Payment" button.

When I click on the "Make Payment" button, nothing happens.

I do not have a default Payment Gateway set up at all, just the Alternate - Google Checkout... Could this be a problem?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Guest rekicks

Reason is that when I was testing the payment gateway, I got an error. When I went back and clicked on My Account to view the order there is a button that says "Make Payment".

This page says: "Please choose your preferred payment method from those listed below. Please note that your order may not be completed until payment has cleared." and then there is a Delivery Notes box there, but there is NO payment gateway listed at all, to choose. Just a "Make Payment" button.

I do not have a default Payment Gateway set up at all, just the Alternate - Google Checkout... Could this be a problem?

Thanks!

you can't set it as default but you can disable the default checkout and make google as the only option like my store. if the what you want, follow the code and it will be done. Remember to back up your file b4 you do that.

in /includes/content/cart.inc.php, comment out lines 144 & 145 like such:

if ($_GET['_a'] == 'cart') {

// $view_cart->assign("CONT_VAL","index.php?_g=co&_a=step1");

// $view_cart->assign("LANG_CHECKOUT_BTN",$lang['cart']['checkout_btn']);

Then in /skins/{YourSkin}/styleTemplates/content/cart.tpl down around line 226, edit the line:

<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><div class="Button"><a href="{CONT_VAL}" class="txtButton" title="{LANG_CHECKOUT_BTN}">{LANG_CHECKOUT_BTN}</a></div></td>

and make it this:

<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> </td>

Now below that edit the line after after this one:

<!-- BEGIN: alt_checkout -->

<p style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; font-weight: bold">{LANG_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT}</p>

We'll change it to a comment like such:

<!-- p style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; font-weight: bold">{LANG_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT}</p -->

OK, if I change it can the client still add a different payment method in the future?

What happens to the checkout process then? And will the "Make Payment" button work then?

thx!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the code! I guess if you dont need to calculate shipping this works good!

or is there a way to force a person to be logged in before they see the shopping cart?

Guest smart95

Rekics is a genius!! :angry:

Thanks for the code!!

Don't forget to turn off the flat rate option in CC4 or else the total CC shows will be different from what Google shows.

Rich

Guest rekicks

Glad to help out, sorry I didn't know about the shipping problem.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to set up the googlecheckout to ship internationally, if anyone knows please post code and specific the location.

Thanks guys

OK, if I change it can the client still add a different payment method in the future?

What happens to the checkout process then? And will the "Make Payment" button work then?

thx!

you can set up the shipping rate in the Alternate Checkouts section and Configure Google Shipping Methods but you can only manually set up by weight or prices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest smart95

Thanks!

you can't set it as default but you can disable the default checkout and make google as the only option like my store. if the what you want, follow the code and it will be done. Remember to back up your file b4 you do that.

Then in /skins/{YourSkin}/styleTemplates/content/cart.tpl down around line 226, edit the line:

<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><div class="Button"><a href="{CONT_VAL}" class="txtButton" title="{LANG_CHECKOUT_BTN}">{LANG_CHECKOUT_BTN}</a></div></td>

and make it this:

<p style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; font-weight: bold">{LANG_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT}</p>

<!-- p style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; font-weight: bold">{LANG_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT}</p -->

Thanks!

and make it this:

Hi Rekicks,

I tried to undo this mod, and I can't seem to get the text back into the checkout forms. I replaced the modified files with fresh ones. Any ideas? www.smartlifestore.com

Thanks,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest PLMaster

On a related note, I enabled GC in my 4.2.2 store but a Google Checkout button never appears anywhere in the store. I have Authorize.net, Paypal and GC and the other two work just fine. GC just never shows up.

• 2 months later...
Guest snail

hi, i'm on googlecheckout sandbox mode.. and have changed the google setting to "charge" immediately so that i don't have to manually take payment on each order...

but the orders are still "Pending (New Order)" in cubecart and therefore for digital goods people have to wait for me to change the order status.. is this because i've missed a config setting, or because this is in sandbox mode and will be ok without any changes when i switch to live??

anyhelp or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!!

:)

Edited by snail

• 2 years later...

Thanks!

We only wanted google checkout on, no other payment gateway.

If you only have google checkout activated, you get to the make payment button, press it, and it does nothing.

This mod has stopped people from getting to that stage.

So thanks for clearing up the mess this POS bit of software caused.

You 1 - Aidscart - 0