"no Administration Session Was Found"

Guest KenBarlow

Guest KenBarlow

Hi,

I am evaluating CubeCart V4, downloaded today. The installation seemed to go well, and I can view the store front page, and the admin login page, but I cannot login to the admin. At the top of the login I just get the message "No administration session was found".

I know the username and password I am entering are correct as entering incorrect information results in an appropriate error message.

I found some forum posts on this very topic dating back to September, but these were only dealt with this problem on local installations. My installation is hosted on my domain, not locally.

I would appreciate any advice that can be offered on how to fix this.

Regards.

Guest KenBarlow

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply.

No I was not using SSL. With my shared hosting package I can use a special URL of the form: https://www.hostingcompany.com/www.mydomain.com for SSL access. I tried this form of URL to the admin page and it still did not work. This time when the username and password were entered it just went to a 404 error page, also the graphics did not seem to load on the login page.

With regard to SSL I was planning on having Paypal as the only payment options so all security information is entered on the PayPal site only. Is this a bad idea?

When evaluating other packages there was a question during the install that allowed the URL for SSL access to be entered, and this seemed to work. It did not notice something similar when installing Cube Cart.

I am keen on getting Cube Cart up and running as it has some features I would really like to use, and reviews show it to be simple to administer - so I would really like to get past this config issue.

Regards.