Removing $0.00 When No Price Is Entered

Guest clubtek

Guest clubtek

greetings,

trying to remove $0.00 when no price is entered.

don't want it showing up on latest products on homepage

or even in the category column.

see my website @ www.clubtekproductions.com

would appreciate any help if this is even possible!

Thank You!

Todd K M

I have built CC sites where there are zero prices for any products, in effect making the site a catalog, rather than a shopping cart. But I don't recall seeing anything that selectively removes the $0.00 from unpriced items. You might ask about a mod over in www.cubecart forums.org.

Other issues re your web site . . .

In looking at your site, I see a few errors that normally would be minor. But, given that more is expected of a printer when it comes to catching typos - and disclaimers aside - you may want to correct these:

The Category you call "stationary" is an adjective, referring to an object's lack of motion. What you probably want is the noun, "Stationery" that refers to certain paper goods.

On About Us, you refer to "media's." The word "media" is already the plural of "medium." Even were there a plural construction that adds "s" to media, there would not be an apostrophe because that mark is reserved for indicating Possessive Case (Jack's books; voters' rights; etc.) or to indicate a contraction such as it's (it is), there's (there is), we're (we are), etc.

There's no syntaxial reason for the comma in " . . . do it, & save you . . . "

Also, "&" is fine in titles and signs, but disrupts the flow of reading in a body of text; "and" is better.

If you occasionally are responsible for proof reading and copy editing, there is a truly hilarious, laugh-out-loud book that will prevent you from ever making those errors again. It's called, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves." Most bookstores and virtually every online bookseller carries it.

On that same page, the first character of each of your paragraphs is indented by a single character. Standard practice is either flush left or indented roughly four characters.

Again, same page, the text " . . . we'll refer you / to someone who can!" contains a superfluous line break where I inserted /.

"Greetings, here's a . . . . " calls for a period or exclamation point after the first word; "here's" is the first word of a complete sentence and calls for an initial upper case "H."

You need a period in the middle of "growing Our . . . "

You may want to rethink the Yahoo search box. In effect, you are inviting your hard-won visitors to abandon your web site and go somewhere else. Given that they have come to your printer web page, there's a strong likelihood they will use that handy and inviting box to go to some other printer's web site. Considering how valuable visitors are, it's no surprise that you do not see such a thing on many shopping carts.

Your About Us page has no re-assuring information about who you really are, your experience, history, etc. Before I seriously consider buying something online, I want to know things that reassures me I can trust the seller's experience and integrity - and also includes name and location info that gives me the basis for action if that trust is abused.

When I'm sending money to anyone before I see the goods, I want to know who they are and what I can tell the cops if my money disappears or, if I need to file a whining Better Business Bureau complaint. I think many potential customers think that way.

Finally, I am aware that many designers don't agree with my opinion that the CC Legend's banner default height of 116 pix is too high. Considering that it appears on every single page of the online store, it seems a bit heavy-handed.

I usually try for something no higher than 90px. You might be pleasantly surprised, once you try it, to experience how nicely 60px does the job. It allows for presenting more products while offering an ambiance more conducive to buying.

BTW - why is there a comma in the banner between Graphic, Media ??? Also, in many of the Categories, where the plural is commonly expected because you have plural for similar products, you have the singular such as Label, Tent Card, Menu. It's most noticable in Flyer / Postcards and Sticker / Decals.

Hope this helps . . .