Email Settings

Guest izcrab

Hi all,

I have spent well over a week now looking for posts on the correct settings for this and have found some and have followed them some where relevant and some where not, those that where did not solve my issue, so those long timers here please be patient with us newbies and help us out if you can. I have seen allot of posts about people posting the same questions and getting unfavorable, unhelpful replies.

So please help if you can, I switched to CC as I read that it was easier and better to configure than osCommerce. I have followed some of the mod on another site that I am doing and as yet they have all worked well and are very useful (this site is not yet live). I have not implemented them on the new site yet because I want to make sure the basics work.

I am new to CC and am still learning, I am currently trying to set up CC3 on a second site, the site is hosted and I have email accounts set up, when in the CC control panel, below is link to a screen shot of the email settings, I have hidden the password for the email account (understandably), I have selected "No" for "Use Authentication" as I was told by my hosting company that they don't use authentication for the emails.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to send out emails from the control panel. To either the administrator or the customers. I do get a message saying that CC3 has sent an email to the administrator but when I check the account there are no emails.

This is driving me bonkers and was hoping that not only the product, but also the support in the forums was good.

Some help from you guru's out there would be very much appreciated.

Link to the screen shot:-

http://www.boobaludesigns.com/dnl/email_settings.rtf

Regards,

Izcrab.

I'm not able to open the file at the link. Anyway, I prefer not to open files from sources with whom I do not have some history or a relationship.

May I suggest that you simply add the screenshot to your message? The bulletin board software used by this forum allows that.

I have never had any problems using the mailto() settings. I never was able to get the smtp settings to work either.

Mysty,

Thanks for the input.

I do seem to be having config issues with the email, I have gleaned the following from my hosting company, but at a loss how to implement what they have suggested as a resolution to this matter. I was hoping that you could shed some light on it?

This is what they are saying:-

I would like to bring to your attention that we have certain limits on the smarthost server which is responsible for sending mails using php mail() function from web servers. In order not to share these limits

with other customers on your server you should insert the following string before php mail() function in your form:

ini_set('sendmail_from', '[email protected]');

Thanks once again.

Regards,

izcrab

Guest kokolo

I also use mailto() with no problems.

I see from your screenshot that you have entered a username/password, which suggests your server requires authentication - but you have the Use Authentication? set to "No". Have you tried it with this setting switched on?

Edit: I've also found this old thread: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/lofive...php/t27976.html

trogfish tried a variety of settings and combinations and eventually found a working solution. Maybe you could try the same with your host - hopefully through trial and error you'll get there!