Gagol - Www.gadgetsandgizmosonline.co.uk

Guest vorlockfoss

Guest vorlockfoss

Hi all,

How are you all?

My site has taken me over a year to develope and I still haven't finished!!!

I've tried to develope a backbone that I can easily adapt for all my stores, just by changing the logos and content.

Please could you let me know your thoughts?

www.gadgetsandgizmosonline.co.uk

The store is live but some of the info is not quite accurate in the about us bit, and the security certificate is for an old sub domain which I no longer use, hence the reason for the pop up confirmation. I will be changing this next week for a valid certificate.

Thanks for your help guys.

Regards,

Paul.

P.S. Oh yes, forgot to mention. I was using "HackerSafe" which did the job very well but I came to realise that, as I'm not dealing with transactions on my store then there was no need to be PCI compliant, so I changed to Alertsite instead, which is cheaper! I just haven't chaged the Privacy page yet.

Thanks and regards,

Paul.

Guest vorlockfoss

Hi Stevie68,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my site.

The first thing to hit me and put me off shopping with you is the SSL warning because the certificate is not issued to the domain you are using it on.

The SSL is issued to the domain it's being used on, it's just on a sub domain, which I changed a couple of weeks ago.

Then the sheer amount of things on the front page is confusing to my eyes, maybe im just getting old :)

I agree there are a number of items on my home page. I've tried to make everything accessible on the home page, thus creating a portal. I'll take on board your thoughts and ponder for a while. I think I'll be leaving it as it is though.

The next thing i spot is that you are showing that the website is XHTML valid which it is not and infact there are 116 errors :o so you really should remove that logo.

Above now rectified!!! 00:58 - 28/12/07!!! :-)

The category listings appear a little confusing because there are no borders around the products although they do have borders on the Latest Products so i would try to carry that over.

Above now rectified!!! 22:34 - 27/12/07!!! :-)

You also have tabs in the product descriptions which do not link to anything.

The item tabs were added recently and will eventualy link to, descriptions, technical details and reviews. I have already tested these and they are ready to despatch, so to speak! :-)

When i click on your Helpdesk link within your SiteDocs it takes me to another page showing an image which links to another page which doesnt exist.

Above now rectified!!! 01:55 - 28/12/07!!! :-)

On a plus note it is nice to see CubeCart supporting thousands of products but i personally think there is plenty of work ahead of you before its complete. :)

Yes, as you rightly pointed out, there are thousands of items. However, I am reviewing this as I think this to be excessive.

It's amazing how much one can overlook when concentration is taken else where!

Thanks you very much for your valued comments.

Regards,

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vorlockfoss

Just looked adn still found 4 validation errors on the site you might want to check :sleep:

Hi MPDesignZ,

Thanks for pointing this out; I've now rectified this. I'd forgotten to alter the CAPS to lower case in the stock script that GeoTrust send you.

Regards,

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vorlockfoss

There is also 1 CSS error.

Hi Phoenixology,

I've just checked and found the CSS error, thanks. I put font instead of font-family.

Thanks for your time.

Paul.