Pre-checkout Shipping Estimates

Guest kusogaki

Guest kusogaki

A good number of e-shops offer some form of this that allows for people to check shipping cost before checking out. Is there any possibility of a future release with this feature? And if not, could some one point me in the direction of a 3rd party commercial mod of some sort?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

A good number of e-shops offer some form of this that allows for people to check shipping cost before checking out. Is there any possibility of a future release with this feature? And if not, could some one point me in the direction of a 3rd party commercial mod of some sort?

Thanks.

I'm interested in this also. I think people want to see shipping before having to commit to creating an account. Any help would be great!

I have a webstore with another shopping cart and this feature is added, it allows customers to select there country from a dropdown list and it will estimate shipping from the pre- checkout screen.

Infact reading this email I didn’t realise my cubecart store I’m building didn’t have this fine feature, yuks!!!

If someone is thinking of doing a mod I’ll be interested.

Regards john

• 3 weeks later...

I agree and it's something I would be interested in.. as already mentioned set to the default country for the store.

we are looking into creating this mod in the next 3 weeks .. we already have most of the logic created for the USPS/UPS live rates we just need to integrate into the product view page now ... will update here as soon a we have a beta and againonce we have it avail for production sale one of the mod sites ...

what we were thinking is a zipCode entry box on prodView with an ajax like live update on the page with out the need to refresh after submitting the data ...

is there anything else that you would like to see in a mod like this that would make it super extra special ;) ?

Cheers and HAPPY MARDI GRAS!! check out the ParadeCam & BourboCams throughout the weekend for some late night webcam maddness at http://www.nola.com, lol !

:P:pirate::^^::alien::w00t::whistle: :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest frisfur

Hi

I have been looking for this mod for along while, I think it is an essential part of an ecommerce site.

I mainly ship in the UK with occasional shipping to EU countries.

I would like it so I could set up a default shipping country in the general settings page. When an item is added to the cart it would show shipping to that country. You could then have a drop down list of countries as options which could recalculate shipping.

Good luck!

Chris

• 2 months later...
Guest Roberto_Suave

energy0m,

Could you please provide any progress you have made on this module? I have been asking about this mod for over a year, as well as many other people. I've always known it was possible (even though many said it wasn't), since I was using a cart 10 years ago that could do this. The cart I used to use was Miva Merchant, and I added a mod that did just what you had proposed. The customer entered their state or country and postal/zip code, then it went out and grabbed the info from USPS or UPS. While not connected to the cart, anything that shows the shipping before checkout would be soooooo appreciated.

I would like to now beg that you make this available for cc3 as well. I know that there will be many that will be so happy to purchase this mod from you. I've always scratched my head about why the CC developers didn't think this was important, since it is documented that it's one of the top reasons people abandon carts.

I am really excited to see that someone has finally started working on this mod! I have come so close to tossing out CC based on this issue, and now I have some hope. Please let us know where you are at with this mod when you get a chance.

Thank you!

Guest Roberto_Suave

Check cubecartforums.org for a mod by convict which may be ble to help you.

Thanks cb2004,

The mod you mention seems to be the only one out there addressing this issue, but unfortunately, it won't work for me. I'm currently using zones for shipping, and his mod clearly states:

"If you use shipping cost Countries/Zones dependent OR shipping cost depends on the customer's address OR you use tax which is NOT included and is country dependent this mod is NOT for you!"

I ship internationally, and with the constant issues with the USPS mod, the "by weight" using zones is the only way I can get my shipping costs to come close to returning the correct shipping amounts. If anyone else out there has/is working on a mod for cc 3.0.17 that will show shipping before checkout when you are using shipping by weight and/or USPS, please let me know.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kathysshowtack

I agree and it's something I would be interested in.. as already mentioned set to the default country for the store.

we are looking into creating this mod in the next 3 weeks .. we already have most of the logic created for the USPS/UPS live rates we just need to integrate into the product view page now ... will update here as soon a we have a beta and againonce we have it avail for production sale one of the mod sites ...

what we were thinking is a zipCode entry box on prodView with an ajax like live update on the page with out the need to refresh after submitting the data ...

is there anything else that you would like to see in a mod like this that would make it super extra special ;) ?

Cheers and HAPPY MARDI GRAS!! check out the ParadeCam & BourboCams throughout the weekend for some late night webcam maddness at http://www.nola.com, lol !

:yeahhh::P:^^::alien::w00t::D:wacko:

YES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A SPOT FOR THE CUSTOMER TO ADD SHIPPING INSURANCE!!!!

hey i didn't realize there were still questions here :)

We are still working to resolve these issues and integrate these specific requests (shipping estimate) and as soon as we do we will be reposting the module.

We hope to have a working beta of this by mid june and as well intend to be releasing several more exciting mods this year :ninja2:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know Estelle is working on a mod to do exactly this and is due out early november 2008

but thats about all I can say on the CC forum about a 3rd party mod

if you know her store Id suggest visiting it and clicking the notify me when available link...

Kinetic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mindwarp

I know Estelle is working on a mod to do exactly this and is due out early november 2008

but thats about all I can say on the CC forum about a 3rd party mod

if you know her store Id suggest visiting it and clicking the notify me when available link...

Kinetic

I'd just like to let you know about our new mod, its different to Estelles, it replies on the 'By Weight' shipping method and cubecart 3. Our information page Pre-Checkout Shipping Estimate. The mod provides a link on the cart page and a screen which shows the sipping estimate, where they have to select the destination country.

I hope this is useful.

• 1 month later...
Guest estelle

MOD RELEASED! Look for 'Shipping Estimates CC4' over at cubecartforums.org.

If you have any questions please ask in cubecartforums.org, as third party mods cannot be discussed in these forums.