Step 3 To Step 4

Hello,

I'm trying to install Cube Cart (onto a site that actually has a database this time!!). Each time I fill page 3 details in and click continue I just get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.

I know I've filled in the database settings correctly because I installed Zen Cart onto the same website last week (and then decided to remove it to try Cube Cart). I found a page through this forum on the step 3 cure but like I said, I'm sure the database section is correct.

I can refresh the page to get step 4 up but it says that the config file could not be written ...... do I need to ChMod that file perhaps? (is that includes/global.inc.php? It's set to 777 at the moment)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hannah

Update: I've tried uploading again and I get a message about filesystem.inc.php. Tried uploading version .16 too and I'm getting the same message.

It's that it doesn't exist on line 493 and 1283 .... admin and admin/401.php.

I must have had the message first time but just not seen it.

As far as im aware there is no filesystem.inc.php in 3.0.xx CC.

I think you may have some other file on there, maybe its some old zencart stuff ??

try creating a new folder in the root directory and installing a test CC in there and see if it works.

If it does then youve got some rouge files knocking about in there somewhere.

Let us know how it goes

Thanks - I was starting to wonder that as I can't find that file anywhere.

It's not even letting me create a new folder in the root now, saying I don't have permission because of filesystem.inc.php file.

I've looked everywhere for it ....... before uploading Cube Cart I cleared as much as I thought safe and so there's only a few bits on there now. I could list those if it will be any use?